Bank of America Quantitative Finance Analyst in Chicago, Illinois
Quantitative Finance Analyst
Charlotte, North Carolina;Atlanta, Georgia; Chicago, Illinois
Bank of America is looking for a risk quantitative professional to join the Consumer Risk Analytics (CRA) team. CRA is responsible for developing complex models and performing analysis aimed at improving portfolio risk, profitability, performance forecasting and operational performance for consumer products. this individual will be responsible for independently conducting quantitative analytics and modeling projects. Responsible for developing new models, analytic processes or systems approaches. Creates documentation for all activities and works with Technology staff in design of any system to run models developed. Incumbents possess excellent quantitative/analytic skills and a broad knowledge of financial markets and products.
• Responsible for independently conducting quantitative analytics and modeling projects. Responsible for developing new models, analytic processes or systems approaches. Creates documentation for all activities and works with Technology staff in design of any system to run models developed. Incumbents possess excellent quantitative/analytic skills and a broad knowledge of financial markets and products.
• Design, estimation, and execution of behavioral models
• Independently conducting quantitative analytics and complex modeling projects.
• Leads efforts in development of new models, analytic processes or system approaches.
• Creates documentation for all activities and may work with technology staff in design of any system to run models developed.
• Incumbents possess strong quantitative/analytic skills and are able to influence strategic direction, as well as develop tactical plans.
• Application of analytical tools to assess risks to enterprise under stress, to design optimal strategies around pricing and origination, and to create integrated frameworks to assess interest revenues, non-interest revenues and credit losses in a consistent fashion.
• Sufficient background to identify risks proactively and frame the range of potential outcomes for risks that are hard to model.
• Integrate seamlessly in a global organization of analytical associates dedicated to best in class modeling and analysis in support of world class risk management capabilities and culture.
• Master’s degree in a quantitative field with 2+ years of quantitative modeling experience or PhD in a quantitative field
• Model development experience in a financial institution
• Knowledge of banking products and services
• Experiences with a statistical analysis package such as R and Python
• Experiences with SQL and Excel for data analysis and presentation
• Ability to interact with model implementation team
• Strong communication / interpersonal skills; demonstrate initiative and be able to make quick decisions
• Willingness to work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Ability to multitask and properly prioritize multiple projects
Desired Skills :
• Experiences with Hadoop, Hive for analysis on large unstructured data sets is a plus
• Data Management Skills
• Proficiency in computer programming languages
• Process Development Experience
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Manages People: No
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Bank of America and its affiliates consider for employment and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our teammates.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster, CLICK HERE at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf .
To view the "EEO is the Law" Supplement, CLICK HERE at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf .
Bank of America aims to create a workplace free from the dangers and resulting consequences of illegal and illicit drug use and alcohol abuse. Our Drug-Free Workplace and Alcohol Policy (“Policy”) establishes requirements to prevent the presence or use of illegal or illicit drugs or unauthorized alcohol on Bank of America premises and to provide a safe work environment.
To view Bank of America’s Drug-free workplace and alcohol policy, CLICK HERE .
Bank of America
- Bank of America Jobs