PNC Quantitative Analytics & Model Development Consultant Sr in Chicago, Illinois
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100166 Quant Anl/Md Consultant Sr
Independently performs the most complex quantitative analyses and models development to support decision-making by running quantitative strategies.
Develops new model frameworks by supporting the line of business. Refines, monitors, and validates existing models. Conducts on-going communication with model owners and model developers during the course of the review. Works with large data to create models.
Performs the most complex qualitative and quantitative assessments on all aspects of models including theoretical aspects, model design and implementation as well as data quality and integrity. Reviews reports and associated quantitative analysis. Validates existing models and assesses model risks.
Evaluates identified model risks and reaches conclusions on strengths and limitations of the model.
Prepares and analyzes detailed documents for validation and regulatory compliance, using applicable templates.
PA - Pittsburgh
Quantitative Analytics & Model Development Consultant Sr
Line of Business:
PA370 - One PNC Plaza
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
DC - Washington DC, DE - Wilmington, GA - Atlanta, IL - Chicago, NC - Charlotte, NC - Raleigh, OH - Cleveland, PA - Pittsburgh
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry relevant experience is typically 8+ years. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Predictive Analytics - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of, experience with and ability to use the tools, processes and practices for predicting business trends and providing forecasts that drive business decisions and business planning.
Consulting - Working Experience
- Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
TESTING - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to plan, implement and manage testing strategies, policies and practices that assure the delivery of high quality applications.
Data Gathering and Reporting - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and processes for gathering and reporting data in a particular department or division of a company.
Regulatory Environment - Financial Services - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to help an organization adapt to applicable federal, state, local, and company-specific regulations, policies, and guidelines affecting business practices.
Quantitative Techniques - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use quantitative tools and techniques to measure and analyze risks.
Bank Quantitative Analysis - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use numerical methods to develop statistical models for devising trading strategies.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Quantitative Analytics & Model Development Consultant Sr . within PNC's Internal Audit organization, you will be based in one of the following locations: Chicago, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Charlotte, Raleigh or Washington D.C.
Internal Audit provides oversight of all quantitative models within the PNC Bank and acts as the third line of defense for the company. As a member of this team, the incumbent is expected to participate in all aspects of model audit activities. The incumbent will work with the Primary Model Owner (PMO) and Model Risk Management Group (MRMG) to ensure that PNC Bank’s models comply will all applicable internal and regulatory rules and policies, including OCC 2011-12, and that the models are conceptually sound. The incumbent will document and present the audit findings in the form of Audit Workpapers. This role does not involve actual model development work.
Ideal candidates will have the following skill set:
7-8 years of experience in risk and/or financial modeling.
Solid background in statistics, econometrics, finance, economics
Experience with widely used statistical and financial modeling software/ programming languages
Understanding of risk modeling
Familiarity with pertinent rules, regulations and policies such as Basel, CCAR, CECL and AML.
Familiarity with best modeling practices in the industry
Good written and oral communication skills and ability to convey findings to various stakeholders in a convincing and respectful manner
Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to work on multiple projects on a concurrent
basis and be able to meet deadlines
Ability to work in a team environment and to collaborate with other internal staff, business partners and clients