PNC Product Owner III in Chicago, Illinois
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
101911 Product Owner III
Owns the vision and definition of the product. Serves as the voice of the Customer. Responsible for ensuring the Scrum Team(s) effort is concentrated on the right priorities based on business value.
Defines and conveys the vision to the team(s) in order to address client requirements to ensure a successful product based on business value.
Drives the creation of and the integrity of the product backlog. Leads grooming of the product backlog and ensures the backlog is correctly prioritized based on business value.
Responsible for ensuring the Scrum Master(s) and development team(s), are focused on the right priorities during the development process. Primary point of contact for questions from the team(s) and is empowered to make decisions.
Accepts delivery of working product from the Scrum Team(s). Socializes the delivery of business value and outcomes of the iteration to the stakeholders and clients.
IL - Chicago
Product Owner III
Line of Business:
Corporate & Institutional Banking
IL016 - One North Franklin Building
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
FL - Tampa, IL - Chicago, MA - Boston, NC - Charlotte, PA - Pittsburgh
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry relevant experience is typically 8+ years. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Business Acumen - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Innovation - Subject Matter Expertise
- Develops new ideas and initiatives that improve the performance of the organization.
Solutions Development - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of and the ability to assess customer needs and provide solutions for them.
Agile Development - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize formal agile methodologies, disciplines, practices and techniques for the delivery of new and enhanced applications.
IT Standards, Procedures & Policies - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.
Interpersonal Relationships - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of the techniques and the ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner.
Managing Multiple Priorities - Subject Matter Expertise
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
Organizational Leadership - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of, and ability to use strategies and skills to enlist others in setting, embracing and achieving objectives.
Planning and Organizing - Extensive Experience
- Mobilizes both time and resources to get things done.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Product Owner III within PNC's Corporate and Institutional Banking organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA, Charlotte, NC, Chicago, IL, or within the PNC Footprint .