PNC Product Manager II in Chicago, Illinois
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100732 Product Mgr II
Drives business and financial results through the selection, design, development and promotion of new and existing products or experiences.
Monitors the marketplace to assess product trends and results in order to recommend new products or enhancements to existing products or experiences. Prioritizes and makes decisions regarding product recommendations. Develops business case, business plan and roll-out of specific products, product groups or experiences.
Develops and designs the features of a designated new or existing product or experience to take advantage of an identified market need or opportunity. Manages the development, production, roll-out, pricing or promotion of specific products, product groups or experiences.
Partners with key stakeholders including sales, marketing and other internal service partners as well as external stakeholders to ensure all product offerings or experiences meet strategic goals. Develops product-specific marketing initiatives. May participate in client-facing activities. Supports risk management, compliance and audit needs as part of the first line of defense.
Drives business, financial and customer experience results of new and existing products and recommends modifications in product features and/or marketing to improve results.
PA - Pittsburgh
Product Manager II
Line of Business:
Retail Banking - Business Banking
PA374 - Two PNC Plaza
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
DC - Washington DC, FL - Orlando, FL - Tampa, GA - Atlanta, IL - Chicago, MA - Boston, MD - Annapolis, MD - Baltimore, NC - Charlotte, OH - Akron, OH - Cleveland, OH - Columbus, PA - Philadelphia, PA - Pittsburgh, TX - Dallas, VA - Richmond
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Business Acumen - Working Experience
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Working Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Innovation - Working Experience
- Develops new ideas and initiatives that improve the performance of the organization.
Project Management - Working Experience
- Ability to plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of technical and administrative resources, to achieve project objectives.
Data Gathering and Reporting - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and processes for gathering and reporting data in a particular department or division of a company.
Competitive Environment - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize the processes, tools and techniques for gathering, analyzing, and communicating information about the competitive environment.
Marketing Strategy and Positioning - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use business models to develop and implement marketing strategies, objectives, and tactics as well as establishing a communications plan.
Product Development Life Cycle - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to develop products and bring them into the marketplace.
KNOWLEDGE OF PRODUCT LINE - Working Experience
- Knowledge of methodologies, tools and techniques for specific products; ability to develop product line processes and strategies.
Solutions Development - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to assess customer needs and provide solutions for them.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Product Manager II within PNC's Merchant Services organization, you will be based within the PNC footprint.