PNC Product Advisor II in Chicago, Illinois
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
101148 Product Advisor II
Represents one or multiple products as part of the sales process with the objective of closing new business opportunities. Defines solution options in the sales process based on product knowledge and business requirements.
Leads internal or external discussions related to the application of one or multiple products to help close deals. Leads direct interaction with clients as part of the sales process and represents PNC in bank-sponsored industry events, as needed.
Assesses client's current business situation and related requirements through data gathering, which includes interviews and research.
Provides the customer perspective in the design, development and management of new or existing product enhancements.
Maintains a thorough understanding of marketplace, competitors and industry trends in order to identify new opportunities. Develops and maintains product marketing and proposal material and provides educational sessions to Sales in conjunction with Product Management.
PA - Pittsburgh
Product Advisor II
Line of Business:
Corporate & Institutional Banking
PAA86 - The Tower at PNC Plaza
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
DC - Washington DC, IL - Chicago, NC - Charlotte, NJ - EAST BRUNSWICK, OH - Cleveland, PA - Philadelphia, PA - Pittsburgh
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Working Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Influencing - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.
Managing Multiple Priorities - Working Experience
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
FINANCIAL SERVICES INDUSTRY - Working Experience
- Knowledge of financial services industry trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations and trendsetters; ability to provide specific financial knowledge and experience to help organizational development.
Solutions Development - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to assess customer needs and provide solutions for them.
Sales Scoping and Qualification - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to identify and qualify potential sales opportunities for the organization.
Value Selling - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the principles and practices for selling products, technology and services; ability to provide overall product/service 'value' and differentiating support offerings that address clearly understood customer needs.
Sales Proposals and Presentations - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of sales processes, tools, and techniques; ability to prepare and present formal recommendations for how the organization can meet the customer's needs.
KNOWLEDGE OF PRODUCT LINE - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of methodologies, tools and techniques for specific products; ability to develop product line processes and strategies.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As an International Product Advisor within PNC's Treasury Management organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, Chicago, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Cleveland, Washington DC, or Charlotte.