PNC Process Improvement Director in Chicago, Illinois
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100195 Process Improvement Dir
Owns the overall strategy and design of process improvement programs across the organization. Manages teams responsible for the evaluation and execution of an organization's multiple, cross-functional operations or technology processes from initial research through development of end-to-end solutions that optimize process efficiency, reduce processing time, and mitigate risks.
Oversees strategies, processes, guidelines and support of process improvement opportunities and programs. Owns and presents business case, implementation deliverables, cost-estimates, and cost-benefit analysis to influence senior leadership in order to provide rationale to how process improvement opportunities will assist in accomplishing business objectives more efficiently.
Champions, promotes and continuously evaluates process improvement initiatives and programs. Uses comprehensive view of organizational processes to lead teams through the redesign of complex, cross-functional processes. Understands and develops an end-to-end solution that encompasses all aspects that a process may touch including facets of operations and business systems.
Owns the process redesign effort to improve the quality and/or minimize process waste cost. Utilizes data analysis and process modeling to craft appropriate solutions that meet business requirements. Executes on findings by presenting optimization efforts to governance committees for approval. Assess risks associated with current and proposed processes against business objectives and ensures alignments with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Directs staffing, development and performance management programs for staff and manages, motivates and develops management team. Monitors effectiveness of process improvement strategies and programs and ensures team maintains continuous process improvement activities as necessary.
PA - Pittsburgh
Process Improvement Director
Line of Business:
Operations – Retail Lending Services
PA370 - One PNC Plaza
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
FL - Jacksonville, GA - Atlanta, IL - Chicago, NC - Charlotte, NC - Raleigh, OH - Cincinnati, OH - Cleveland, OH - Columbus, OH - Miamisburg, PA - Pittsburgh
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry experience is typically 8+ years. At least 5 years of prior management experience is typically required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Builds Winning Teams - Extensive Experience
- Develops talent by creating engaged, inclusive and diverse teams who are empowered to speak freely and act with integrity.
Leads Effective Change - Extensive Experience
- Recognizes the need for, takes personal accountability to adapt, and leads others through organizational change.
Drives for Results - Extensive Experience
- Demonstrates energy and a desire to succeed; follows through on commitments; pushes self and others to deliver exceptional results.
Establishes Vision and Purpose - Extensive Experience
- Creates a compelling vision of the future and translates it into action, linking others' contributions to the success of PNC.
Job Specific Competencies:
Organizational Savvy and Politics - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of organizational politics and political tactics; ability to effectively navigate formal and informal communication and decision-making channels.
Flexibility and Adaptability - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of successful approaches, tools, and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment; ability to adapt as needed.
Problem Solving - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Subject Matter Expertise
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Managing Multiple Priorities - Extensive Experience
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
Organizational Change Management - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of and ability to align the organization's people and culture with changes in business strategy, organizational structure, technology and business processes.
Influencing - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.
Manages Risk - Extensive Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Mortgage Process Improvement Consultant, Sr
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Mortgage Sr Process Improvement Director in within PNC's Retail Lending organization, you will be part of the Strategy and Planning Organization and can be based in Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Dayton, Raleigh, Charlotte, Atlanta, Jacksonville, Chicago, or New York..
This position will focus on process improvements in Mortgage originations. Key critical requirements for the role are listed below:
1) Must have 3-4 years working experience in process improvements in Mortgage originations through fulfillment
2) Lean Six Sigma certification with practical experience having delivered successful projects
3) Bachelors in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain management, Operations Research or similar process improvement disciplines
4) Digital mortgage originations experience is a plus