Bank of America Process Analyst in Chicago, Illinois
Individual contributor role that demonstrates leadership qualities. Processes transactions in one or more of the company's internal operations to support domestic and international consumer, commercial and wholesale bank businesses or services functions. Responsibilities may include: basic level reporting, customer service support, reviewing and processing transactions for item processing, sorting using electronic or mechanical equipment, reconciling, statement rendering, MICR/image, float, lock box, remittance, ATM deposit, and performing other support operations functions as required. Maintains internal operational and financial controls and ensures they meet bank standards. Ensures quality service and effective and efficient operations support for the assigned area's internal business partners and/or external customers/clients. Performs all the functions required at the Sr. Ops Rep level and typically acts as a workflow coordinator and/or a subject matter expert. Able to prioritize and distribute daily work to meet deadlines and goals. Demonstrates a good working knowledge of the processes and procedures and the ability to identify and implement process improvement opportunities. May provide guidance and direction to less experienced team members.
1st Shift - Monday – Friday (8AM to 5PM)
2nd Shift - Monday – Friday (2PM to 10PM)
3rd Shift - Sunday – Friday (10PM-7AM)*
Line of Business Description:
Responsible for day-to-day monitoring of global processes to identify, escalate, respond and mitigate operational issues, risks, process disruptions and resolve complex problems as needed. Daily focus includes process oversight, identifying best practices, and maintaining SLAs and key metrics that drive success and client delight. Responsible for analyzing metrics and available data in present-state to facilitate an improved future-state approach to aligned process and function(s). A successful candidate will be able to interact with a broad spectrum of stakeholders to discuss data analytics, reporting and application to ensure peak operational performance.
Manage day-to-day global, cross functional, virtual monitoring function including capacity analysis
• Responsible for understanding the concept of workflow, including: end-to-end processing; meeting service level agreements; liaising with business partners; monitoring system outages, unplanned downtimes, and volume fluctuations
• Monitor straight-through and exception processing, performance metrics, data analysis to develop strategy for continuous improvement and increasing client delight
• Comfortable engaging with management and business partners to raise and discuss errors, issues, and opportunities for improvement.
• 1 – 2 years’ experience working with an operations team and/or technology unit
• 2 – 3 years data analytics and process flow management experience
• Strong data analytics mindset with ability to digest, interpret, and communicate numbers to tell a broader story of operational health
• Ability to deconstruct complex issues and drive timely decisions, knowing when to engage others for additional input, and when to act independently
• Ability to connect the dots and make sense of information across multiple data points and upstream/downstream dependencies
• Strong partnership and relationship building skills needed to work with stakeholders across teams, build consensus and execute strategic objectives
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to drive quality goals while meeting aggressive delivery deadlines
• Proactive and “no surprises” approach in communicating
• Ability to learn and adapt to change; ability to think analytically and voice opinion as a subject matter expert
• Excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude, team player, flexible
• Highly organized, adept at time management and problem solving.
• Knowledge of Treasury products, processes, and systems
• Workflow coordination experience
• Passion for robotics/automation technology and innovation
• Adapt quickly to change
• Strong process improvement background
• Experienced with working in high visibility and high pressure environments
• Detail oriented, self-starter and ability to work independently
• Excellent project management, oral and written communication skills
• Proficient with MS Office - Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
∙Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions
∙Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward
∙Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs – is a continuous learner
∙Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change.
∙Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base
∙Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world
3rd shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role
Manages People: No
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Bank of America and its affiliates consider for employment and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religious creed, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other bases such as medical condition, marital status or any other factor that is irrelevant to the performance of our teammates.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster, CLICK HERE at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf .
To view the "EEO is the Law" Supplement, CLICK HERE at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf .
Bank of America aims to create a workplace free from the dangers and resulting consequences of illegal and illicit drug use and alcohol abuse. Our Drug-Free Workplace and Alcohol Policy (“Policy”) establishes requirements to prevent the presence or use of illegal or illicit drugs or unauthorized alcohol on Bank of America premises and to provide a safe work environment.
To view Bank of America’s Drug-free workplace and alcohol policy, CLICK HERE .
Bank of America
- Bank of America Jobs