PNC LOB Risk Analyst in Chicago, Illinois
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100500 LOB Risk Analyst
Works in support of the LOB Risk Management program. Helps to ensure line of business compliance with risk management objectives, as directed.
Supports the design and development of the risk management programs to meet business and regulatory expectations.
Under supervision, supports the execution of the risk management programs (e.g. - business self-assessment and quality reviews) within or across the lines of business. May participate in consultation to execute the program components.
Works to develop risk expertise while working with the businesses and other risk partners (e.g., Compliance, Credit, Legal, Audit).
Under direction, participates in risk initiatives, business as usual activities, ad hoc requests, and identifies risk exposures.
PA - Pittsburgh
LOB Risk Analyst
Line of Business:
PA370 - One PNC Plaza
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
IL - Chicago, NC - Raleigh, OH - Cleveland, OH - Columbus, OH - Miamisburg, PA - Pittsburgh, ZZ - Remote Location
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree with < 1 year of professional experience and/or successful completion of a formal development program. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Products and Services - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of major products and services and product and service groups; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Standard Operating Procedures - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to design, implement and evaluate standard operating procedures affecting daily and strategic business operations in order to increase operational efficiency.
Process Management - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of business process improvement tools and techniques and ability to understand, monitor, update, or enhance existing business or work processes.
Effective Communications - Working Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Basic Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Basic Experience
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Managing Multiple Priorities - Basic Experience
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
Data Gathering and Reporting - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and processes for gathering and reporting data in a particular department or division of a company.
Operational Risk - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of policies and processes for operational risk management; ability to use tools, data, and best practices to identify, assess, and manage operational risk exposures.
OPERATIONS - BACK OFFICE - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to implement the practices, processes, technologies, and applications associated with banking transaction processing and records management.
Manages Risk - Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a LOB (Line of Business) Risk Analyst within PNC's 1st Line of Defense Technology Risk Organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA, Cleveland, OH or other areas within PNC's footprint.
This role's primary focus is testing the operating and design effectiveness of technology controls through gathering and analyzing evidence, documenting test conclusions and identifying issues in the event of control failures. This testing is performed in collaboration with Technology process owners across the PNC Technology organization.