PNC Investment Market Manager (M) in Chicago, Illinois
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
102114 Investment Market Manager (M)
Accountable for ensuring the execution of PNC investment experience, portfolio activities and risk management in the market(s). Responsible for maintaining and growing assets under management for the market(s). May provide portfolio and relationship management services to a select number of sophisticated clients with complex accounts. May conduct the performance management, hiring and coaching reviews of investment professionals.
Leads the investment professionals in the consistent execution of the PNC investment experience to clients. Provides actionable advice, market insight and reporting on investment results for the market(s). May assist in the development and implementation of investment management protocols.
May provide portfolio/platform and relationship management services to a select number of sophisticated clients with large and complex account types. Manages accounts in accordance with investment objectives that have been developed with the client, incorporating PNC's investment approach, philosophy and platform.
Responsible for leading the growth of assets under management and the retention of clients for the market(s). Serves as a resource and proactively supports the market's acquisition of new clients and expansion of services. Participates or may lead the investment sales efforts for select large and complex investment prospect.
Provides leadership and direction to investment professionals. Leads the performance management, hiring and coaching reviews of investment professionals. Executes risk management practices through the adherence to PNC's policies and procedures. Proactively identifies, resolves or escalates risk management issues. Accountable for the execution of policies and Regulation 9 in the market(s).
IL - Chicago
Investment Market Manager (M)
Line of Business:
Asset Management Group
IL263 - Chicago One N. Franklin
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
IL - Chicago
CFA/CFP/CIMA or equivalent preferred
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry experience is typically 8+ years. At least 5 years of prior management experience is typically required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Builds Winning Teams - Extensive Experience
- Develops talent by creating engaged, inclusive and diverse teams who are empowered to speak freely and act with integrity.
Leads Effective Change - Extensive Experience
- Recognizes the need for, takes personal accountability to adapt, and leads others through organizational change.
Drives for Results - Extensive Experience
- Demonstrates energy and a desire to succeed; follows through on commitments; pushes self and others to deliver exceptional results.
Establishes Vision and Purpose - Extensive Experience
- Creates a compelling vision of the future and translates it into action, linking others' contributions to the success of PNC.
Job Specific Competencies:
Client Relationship Management - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge and ability to determine and satisfy client needs and maintain a partnering relationship during engagements; includes influencing, communicating, presenting, facilitating, managing and developing others.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the decision-making process and associated tools and techniques; ability to accurately analyze situations and reach productive decisions based on informed judgment.
Effective Communications - Subject Matter Expertise
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Flexibility and Adaptability - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of successful approaches, tools, and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment; ability to adapt as needed.
Performance Management - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of successful performance management techniques and ability to apply organization's performance management system, practices, and tools to developing and improving individual, team, and organizational performance.
Portfolio Management - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize the tools, techniques, and acceptable business practices associated with managing a client's securities investments.
Value Selling - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the principles and practices for selling products, technology and services; ability to provide overall product/service 'value' and differentiating support offerings that address clearly understood customer needs.
Manages Risk - Extensive Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As an Investment Market Manager within PNC's Wealth Management organization, you will be based in Chicago, Illinois .