PNC Internal Audit Manager in Chicago, Illinois
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100536 Internal Audit Mgr
Supervises internal audits to assess the effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records, efficiency of operations, and compliance with governmental regulation.
Works closely with internal clients at all levels in developing audit findings and recommendations regarding business process optimization, internal control and compliance. Reviews work papers. Performs complex testing procedures .
Participates in the development and implementation of risk assessments and audit plans .
Executes procedures and reviews work papers supporting external audit of internal controls, business processes, and account balances .
Keeps abreast of internal control audit trends to assure audit processes remain effective .
PA - Pittsburgh
Internal Audit Manager
Line of Business:
PA370 - One PNC Plaza
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
IL - Chicago, NC - Charlotte, NC - Raleigh, NC - Rocky Mount, OH - Cleveland
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Business Acumen - Working Experience
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Process Management - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of business process improvement tools and techniques and ability to understand, monitor, update, or enhance existing business or work processes.
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Working Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Planning and Organizing - Extensive Experience
- Mobilizes both time and resources to get things done.
AUDIT AND COMPLIANCE FUNCTION - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to manage the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the Audit and Compliance (A&C) function or department.
Internal Controls - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to create, implement, evaluate and enhance processes in internal controls.
Auditing - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of organization's internal audit processes, practices and methods.
Data Gathering and Reporting - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and processes for gathering and reporting data in a particular department or division of a company.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a(n) Audit Manager within PNC's Compliance Internal Audit organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA, Cleveland, OH, Chicago, IL, Charlotte, Rocky Mount, or Raleigh, NC.
6+ years of Financial Services experience
6+ years Internal Audit, and/or regulatory compliance/risk related experience
Institutional and retail broker dealer and swap dealer experience and knowledge of related regulations, including FINRA, MSRB, and Dodd-Frank/Volcker Rule
Commercial lending, Treasury Management, and Wealth Management experience and knowledge of related regulations
Familiarity with general banking regulations
Experience planning, leading, reviewing, and reporting on audits and/or reviews
Experience communicating with executive management
CIA, CPA, or similar professional designation