Bank of America Institutional Portfolio Strategist II in Chicago, Illinois
The Institutional Portfolio Strategist II is responsible for the portfolio administration and investment management of a book of mid-size institutional client relationships and charitable trusts. The Strategist interacts with internal partners, such as client relationship associates in Philanthropic Management and Retirement Services at all levels.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Applies the institutional investment process and utilizes guidance based solutions and centralized trading tools to efficiently manage the book of business
• Executes robust end to end compliance processes including Investment Policy Statement maintenance, Asset Allocation Monitoring and Reg 9 investment reviews
• Conducts all aspects involved with managing portfolios, including executing all trades, maintaining investment action plans, monitoring and addressing overdrafts, and documenting account activities and client interaction
• Exhibits sound judgment and knowledge of risk in execution of IPS investment decisions and maintains strict compliance with regulatory items; exhibits comprehensive understanding of policies and procedures; applies attention to detail and accuracy in execution
• Effectively communicates our investment process and results to the client
• Explains the capital markets, investment strategies and performance analytics to clients, and adapts investment strategies to changing market conditions and evolving client needs
• Earns confidence of partners and clients/prospects by conveying a deep understanding of the Institutional Investment business, our investment platform, our investment value proposition and can demonstrate application of top of house thought leadership for each situation
• Supports revenue growth of the market by delivering an Institutional client experience and supporting the sales process as appropriate
• Requires minimal day-to-day supervision, but receives guidance regarding expansion and maintenance of relationships
• BA/BS in Economics, Finance or other business related program
• CFA or seeking CFA; MBA also attractive.
• 5-7 years of prior portfolio management or investment management experience.
• A team player with excellent communication skills and time management skills, computer proficiency and a high level of professionalism, particularly as it relates to attention to detail.
• Very eager to learn; comfortable exploring new avenues for client service delivery
Posting Date : 04/30/2018
Chicago, IL, 135 S LA SALLE ST (IL4135),
- United States
Travel : Yes, 10% of the time
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.