Bank of America Information Security Risk Management Manager in Chicago, Illinois
Are you passionate about working with the best information security team in the world? Bank of America is hiring top talent to join our team.
The Business Information Security Officer (BISO) function within Global Information Security is responsible for information security control enforcement, cybersecurity awareness, and enablement across all lines of business, enterprise functions, technology, and operations teams. The BISO team also leads cybersecurity external engagement.
This position will be a member of the GIS Enterprise Remediation organization which is responsible for supporting risk and issues management, governance, and improvement of GIS remediation functions.
The goals of the position will be to:
1) Support implementation and execution of governance routines to ensure appropriate review and timely disposition of information security vulnerability risk, in line with GTO risk governance framework
2) Identify and support efforts to automate and improve remediation function to move to a proactive, efficient program based on foundation of effective risk management and risk prioritization
3) Support risk issue identification and closure of milestones of identified risk issues
4) Data analytics to support identification of thematic issues across remediation functions and ensure appropriate visibility with senior leaders by supporting escalation routines
5) Improve/develop QA routines and controls to ensure appropriate focus on risk reduction within defined timelines
• Advises senior management on issues related to risk and vulnerability management and recommends actions in support of the bank's wider risk management and compliance programs
• Contributes to quality control and reporting for remediation functions
• Ensures compliance with policies and procedures
• Supports execution of risk deliverables
• Participates in executive level Risk Management Routines
• Supports risk management and governance routines to drive disposition of GIS identified vulnerabilities within defined timeframes
• Ability to build strong Partner relationships with peer technology groups and supported LOBs
• Drives required risk culture and partnership with peer technology teams and supported LOBs
• Risk management experience with ability to effectively apply risk principles to business situations
• Must display strong subject matter expertise in risk management, governance and development of risk appetite
• Executive presentation and communication skills
• Excellent influencing and problem-resolution skills
• Must be comfortable in delivering messages across a wide spectrum of individuals having varying degrees of technical understanding
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and qualities which enable you to work with peers and various levels of management
• Risk management experience with proven ability to effectively apply risk principles to challenging business situations
Posting Date : 11/04/2018
Chicago, IL, 135 S LA SALLE ST (IL4135),
- United States
Travel : Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.