Bank of America GIS Communications Lead in Chicago, Illinois
Are you passionate about working with the best information security team in the world? Bank of America is hiring top talent to join our team.
The Business Information Security Officer (BISO) function within Global Information Security is responsible for information security control enforcement, cybersecurity awareness, and enablement across all lines of business, enterprise functions, technology, and operations teams. The BISO team also leads cybersecurity external engagement.
We’re seeking a Communications Specialist Lead to join the GIS team. Our mission is to educate and inform employees across Bank of America, promoting an understanding of cybersecurity risks and technical initiatives to be rolled out to internal users and their technology partners. This position will contribute to the team in many different ways – creating content, designing outreach campaigns, developing training courses, curate a knowledge base of technical materials and write talking points for executives.
A main function of the work will be to work will be to contribute to the design, delivery, and administration of projects or initiatives, with the goal(s) to communicate ideas, provide education, or gain awareness or buy in. You’ll work on a variety of on-going or emerging projects for various teams within Global Information Security, engaging directly with information security technologists, policy professionals and business partners to develop communications, marketing plans, training material, and other content. You will have the opportunity to translate complex or technical concepts into simple, engaging terms.
This position provides you the opportunity to work on and learn a wide variety of tasks to support cybersecurity technology initiatives, policies, controls, operations and awareness. A portfolio demonstrating aptitude for visual design, marketing/advertising, or writing may be requested.
• Generate plans for educational and marketing initiatives.
• Create and edit a variety of content, including print materials, emails, web materials, web sites, presentation decks, videos, scripts, training courses, help desk materials, and more.
• Partner with teammates to ensure consistent messaging across diverse delivery methods, and ensure deployment is in sync.
• Write copy for emails, brochures, presentations and other resources.
• Edit messaging based on audience targeting, feedback, company branding and tone.
• Execute internal processes for creation, project management, review/approval, and deployment.
• Exemplary written and verbal communication
• Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
• Fundamental knowledge of communications, marketing, or instructional design strategies
• Ability to work independently and multi-task in a demanding, fast-changing environment
• Curiosity and a desire to learn and grow in your career
• Ability to build relationships
• Passion for innovating and pitching new ideas
• Understanding of cybersecurity technology
• Knowledge of advertising or graphic design fundamentals
• Experience in one or more of the following areas: public speaking, educating others, creative/artistic design, leadership, knowledge base curation
Additional Skillsets Desired:
• Technology background desired
• Ability to translate difficult technology concepts into "kitchen English"
• Ability to explain complex processes
• Ability to present content and respond to various audience levels including executive leadership
Posting Date : 09/14/2018
Chicago, IL, 135 S LA SALLE ST (IL4135),
- United States
Travel : Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.