PNC Field Exam Analyst in Chicago, Illinois
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100872 Field Exam Analyst
Performs independent analysis on existing Borrower's collateral records and financial reports in order to determine / assess collateral values that secure loans. 'Leads' the more simplistic / less complicated Field Examinations on existing and prospective Borrowers. May assists more experienced Examiners perform the more critical / complex / higher risk profile Field Examinations on existing and prospective Borrowers.
Performs in-depth testing, valuation and analysis of collateral (generally Accounts Receivable and Inventory) securing the loans to existing Borrowers in order to verify existence, and to identify and highlight areas of collateral weakness or deterioration. Evaluates accounting system controls and data integrity, and managerial control oversight. Reviews and evaluates borrowers accounting personnel.
Prepares less sophisticated Field Examination Reports and supporting workpapers that (i) highlight germane findings and material variances found, conclusions reached, and related recommendations for improvement if necessary. Such reports are utilized by Portfolio Management to confirm the credit worthiness of the collateral securing the loan and to make informed credit decisions.
Communicates and escalates significant exam findings, concerns, delays, or borrower limitations to lending and credit personnel. Identifies and reports matters related to collateral risk. Makes recommendations as it relates to the collateral supporting the loan and/or issues and concerns that are raised during the Field Exam due diligence process. Participates in meetings with the Relationship Manager and/or existing Borrowers representatives (typically the CFO, CEO and/or Controller of the company) to discuss any collateral issues/areas of concern.
Confirms proper reporting of collateral on the Borrowing Base Certificates. Ensures that the Borrowing Base is in compliance and being managed per the terms and conditions stipulated in the Loan Approval.
Manages the due diligence process and directs the daily progress of field work performed by the other Field Examiners assigned to the Examination including both internal employees and/or outsource Field Examiner vendors, while on-site at the Borrowers premises, to ensure all assignments and duties are completed in an accurate and timely manner. Assists management in the training and development of junior and new Field Examiners. Evaluate junior / new field examiners progress and report such to the Recurring Business Regional Field Examination Manager.
IL - Chicago
Field Exam Analyst
Line of Business:
Corporate & Institutional Banking
IL016 - One North Franklin Building
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
IL - Chicago
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree with < 1 year of professional experience and/or successful completion of a formal development program. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Flexibility and Adaptability - Working Experience
- Knowledge of successful approaches, tools, and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment; ability to adapt as needed.
Conflict Management - Working Experience
- Understanding of how to anticipate, recognize, and deal effectively with existing or potential conflicts at the individual, group, or situation level; ability to apply this understanding appropriately to diverse situations.
Problem Solving - Working Experience
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Working Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Working Experience
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Managing Multiple Priorities - Working Experience
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
Data Gathering and Reporting - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and processes for gathering and reporting data in a particular department or division of a company.
Financial Statement Analysis - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of tools, techniques, and practices, and ability to analyze and determine the credit-worthiness of a business enterprise through its financial statements.
Collateral Management - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the concepts, objectives, tools and methods used in collateral management; ability to implement and develop collateral strategies for risk control and profit management.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of the generally accepted accounting principles and the ability to apply them appropriately within the organization.
Manages Risk - Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Field Exam Analyst within PNC's Business Credit organization, you will be based in Chicago, Illinois .