PNC EVG Valuation Specialist Sr in Chicago, Illinois
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
102132 EVG Valuation Spec Sr
Provides business valuation for leveraged lending borrowers. Independently produces well supported enterprise valuations under both base and stressed case scenarios that are derived from multiple data points and valuation methodologies in conjunction with independent judgment. Serves as primary subject matter expert as it relates to overall strategy, vision, and measurements of success within the Group.
Conducts independent research for multiple industries (including economic and market trends) for both private and public companies. Compares subject companies to peers. Researches current and trough level market and transaction comps pertinent to the underlying industry/business. Synthesizes all available data and reconciles conclusions.
Analyzes complex information and applies critical thinking skills and independent judgment to evaluate the reasonableness of the base and stressed case free cash flow projections, provided by the various underwriting functions for use in a discounted cash flow analysis. Could require further discussions with underwriting to understand company's key performance drivers, competitive niche, and free cash flow assumptions. Provides and/or reviews a detailed written analysis of assumptions, conclusions and other information supporting the enterprise valuation conclusions.
Develops and/or reviews the most complex valuation analyses under both base and stressed case scenarios derived from multiple methodologies. Produces and/or reviews a detailed memorandum that includes a detailed justification of the calculations and assumptions and supports the reasoning and conclusions made regarding the valuation. May review valuation analyses from team members. May manage or assign workflow, as needed.
Responds immediately to challenges and questions from underwriters as well as other first, second and third lines of defense regarding the reasonableness of the valuations derived. Participates, and helps lead the development of systems and reporting for use by various units and senior management. May act in a training capacity, as needed.
OH - Cleveland
EVG Valuation Specialist Sr
Line of Business:
Corporate & Institutional Banking
OH001 - PNC Center - Cleveland
Total Hours Per Week:
GA - Atlanta, IL - Chicago, MD - Baltimore, NJ - EAST BRUNSWICK, OH - Cincinnati, OH - Cleveland, OH - Troy, PA - Philadelphia, PA - Pittsburgh
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry relevant experience is typically 8+ years. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Subject Matter Expertise
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Credit Analysis and Verification - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and practices for determining the credit-worthiness of an applicant.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the decision-making process and associated tools and techniques; ability to accurately analyze situations and reach productive decisions based on informed judgment.
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Financial Analysis - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of tools and approaches of financial analysis; ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material.
Information Capture - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of the methods, channels and processes to obtain needed information; ability to identify, capture and document relevant business information in an auditable, organized, understandable and easily retrievable manner.
Knowledge of Underwriting - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the full spectrum of underwriting activities, practices, tools and considerations; ability to utilize these to implement, manage and improve the underwriting process.
Managing Multiple Priorities - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of effective self-management practices and ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
Operational Functions - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of major functional processes and associated operating requirements; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers.
The Enterprise Valuation Group (“EVG”), a newly established group within PNC, will produce business valuations for a subset of clients and prospects across multiple businesses within the Corporate & Institutional Bank. As a new group, this candidate will assist the EV Group Manager in:
Educating internal partners on valuation theories and concepts
Reinforcing the group’s mission, with a mindful eye to continuous process improvements and speed to market initiatives
Leading by example through the creation of independent, high quality business valuations
Experience in performing discounted cash flow, transaction comp, trading comp and other forms of enterprise value analysis, ideally within an investment banking or research role
Experience in underwriting and/or managing complex, highly leveraged transactions (LBOs, dividend recaps, etc.) within a corporate banking environment will be considered
Deep understanding of business valuation and theories so as to synthesize various data points into a reasonable conclusion using independent judgment
Independent, motivated, detail oriented and able to analyze data and convey conclusions effectively
Works with high level of autonomy with high decision making impact
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Day to Day Responsibilities:
Performing base and stressed case business valuations on a subset of clients and prospects across the C&IB using internally prepared models combined with external resources
Researching transaction and trading comps
Preparing a written analysis that includes supporting justification of the calculations, data sources and assumptions used to derive the business valuation
Evaluating the reasonableness of projected free cash flows outlined in base and stressed case projection scenarios specifically as they relate to the assumptions used in the DCF analysis
Where appropriate, independently assessing industry, market and industry trends