PNC Data Scientist Lead in Chicago, Illinois
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
102220 Data Scientist Lead
Directs and consults on analytical projects that leverage vast amounts of structured and unstructured data to extract actionable business insights.
Directs the data gathering, data processing and data mining of large and complex datasets. Provides deep technical expertise to advance the data science capabilities of analytics teams.
Serves as a representative of PNC; understands the needs and challenges PNC is facing and provides thought leadership around data science activities both internally and externally.
Supervises the implementation of advanced analytics projects, and as an expert in the field, helps other data scientists present the analytical processes and outcomes to management.
Partners with Data Architects, Data Analysts, Data Engineers and Visualization Experts to develop data-driven solutions for the business.
PA - Pittsburgh
Data Scientist Lead
Line of Business:
Corporate & Institutional Banking
PAA86 - The Tower at PNC Plaza
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
IL - Chicago, NC - Charlotte, OH - Cleveland, PA - Pittsburgh
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry relevant experience is typically 8+ years. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Disruptive Innovation - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of concepts, principles, and approaches of disruptive innovation; ability to adopt the knowledge into related processes and practices.
Machine Learning - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of principles, technologies and algorithms of machine learning; ability to develop, implement and deliver related systems, products and services.
Data Architecture - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to design blueprints on how to integrate data resources for business processes and functional support.
Data Mining - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of tools, techniques and practices in data mining technologies used to acquire essential business information.
Information Capture - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the methods, channels and processes to obtain needed information; ability to identify, capture and document relevant business information in an auditable, organized, understandable and easily retrievable manner.
Modeling: Data, Process, Events, Objects - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to use tools and techniques for analyzing and documenting logical relationships among data, processes or events.
Prototyping - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to implement prototyping disciplines, tools and techniques in evolutionary models within the target environment.
Query and Database Access Tools - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to use, support and access facilities for extracting and formatting a database management system.
Manages Risk - Extensive Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Data Scientist Lead within PNC's Treasury Management organization, you will be based in one of several locations including: Pittsburgh, Charlotte, Chicago, or Cleveland.
Skills preferred: Python or R, SQL, Unix, Linux, Windows