Bank of America Cyber Threat Intelligence Client Protection Analyst in Chicago, Illinois
Are you passionate about working with the best information security team in the world? Bank of America is hiring top talent to join our team.
The Cyber Security Defense (CSD) function within Global Information Security is responsible for all aspects of threat intelligence and monitoring, application and network security, and insider threat. In addition, the CSD team drives out the enterprise-wide cyber exercise program.
The Client Protection Analyst will leverage strong skills in malware analysis and reverse engineering to thoroughly understand malicious code targeting client credentials and PII. The successful analyst will perform static and dynamic malware analysis, understand specifically how banking Trojans and other threats to client credentials function, and develop tools and techniques to analyze them and monitor their targets. In addition, the analyst will be responsible for collaborating with other security teams to test and implement detective controls wherever possible to mitigate impact to the bank and its clients.
• Reverse engineers malicious code to determine core functionality and assess the threat to data and PII belonging to Bank of America customers and clients.
• Builds tools to assist in analyzing and extracting configuration data from banking (or other) malware targeting Bank of America customers and clients.
• Collaborates closely with online banking and authentication teams at Bank of America to develop and test indicators to detect compromised customers and clients.
• Produces concise, detailed written products highlighting key components of research and analysis.
• Engages effectively with multiple teams within the bank to achieve objectives and proactively mitigate losses from financial malware.
Computer Science degree desired
Posting Date : 09/05/2018
Washington, DC, BANK OF AMERICA, 730 15th St NW,
Chicago, IL, 135 S LA SALLE ST (IL4135),
- United States
Travel : Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.