PNC C&IB Sr Associate (F) in Chicago, Illinois
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
FP1538 C&IB Sr. Assoc (F)
Performs or assists in banking activities, including underwriting and/or relationship management and/or product suite activities. Works under supervision and may have limited approval and/or exception authority.
Identifies and appropriately mitigates different types of risk, such as regulatory, reputational, operational and credit. Manages risk and may help ensure quality for new and/or existing clients. May assist in the preparation of offerings and/or scorecards.
Analyzes information and applies critical thinking skills to design and/or execute client solutions. This may include taking a transaction from request to booking and/or moving a selling conversation from proposal to closed business, inclusive of driving fee income through internal and/or external relationship management. Identifies and/or considers key factors in the decision-making process, such as internal policies/procedures, external regulatory requirements and clients' needs.
Interacts with internal/external clients to gather or clarify information and/or expand existing client relationships to develop skills needed to independently generate revenue and deepen share of wallet. Articulates recommendations to customers in response to client servicing and product-related inquiries.
As defined with the business, demonstrates ability to analyze, evaluate and mitigate credit risk by utilizing knowledge of credit fundamentals and internal credit policies.
Participates in social learning, for example, identifies and networks with business representatives and peers and participates in mentoring, job shadowing and community outreach, to ensure appropriate foundations in credit, product and sales. May participate in formal learning recommended by the business to develop the skills needed to analyze, evaluate and mitigate credit risk by utilizing knowledge of credit fundamentals and internal credit policies.
IL - Chicago
C&IB Sr Associate (F)
Line of Business:
Corporate & Institutional Banking
IL016 - One North Franklin Building
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
IL - Chicago
Public Finance - 52 and 63 within 120 days of Hire (Will accept series 7 if obtained prior to 11/7/2011)
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree with < 1 year of professional experience and/or successful completion of a formal development program. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Customer Experience Management. - Basic Experience
- Implements the strategies and techniques used to ensure that customers have a positive experience with the organization and its products and services at every touch point.
Business Acumen - Working Experience
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Flexibility and Adaptability - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of successful approaches, tools, and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment; ability to adapt as needed.
Effective Communications - Working Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Working Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Working Experience
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Managing Multiple Priorities - Working Experience
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
Manages Risk - Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Senior Associate within PNC's Corporate Bank, you will be based in Chicago, Illinois and part of an industry coverage vertical, Leasing & Transportation Finance (\"LTF\")
LTF is a national coverage vertical targeting the following segments: Operating lessors, Captive finance companies, Leasing and Rental companies.
LTF is partnered within PNC's ABF team, a key financing vehicle for the industry.
As part of LTF, you will provide industry expertise which helps enhance PNC's value proposition and risk management. Further, you will be expected to advise on market knowledge related to structure, pricing, covenants and other terms common to the industry. This includes guidance on capital structure planning, funding diversification and operational efficiency.
Successful completion of series 7, 63 and 79 are required within 120 days of hire.