PNC Business Development Officer Sr - Wealth Management (MLO) in Chicago, Illinois
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
M01346 Bus Dvlp Offcr Sr - WM (MLO)
Identifies prospective AMG clients or referral sources by educating about and positioning AMG capabilities to generate awareness, deliver solutions and drive new revenue. Develops the most complex and sophisticated new client opportunities.
Calls on prospects and Centers of Influence to sell the full spectrum of AMG products and services, generally at client location and either self-initiated or referred by internal/external partners. Cultivates referrals/leads, generates interest and collaborates with partners to close the sale.
Engages with management and/or partners to establish and execute the appropriate activities, tactics and strategies to generate, identify and pursue new opportunities and successfully close the sale. Provides management with insight on industry trends, best practices and product needs.
Meets with and educates partners to position the value of AMG capabilities. Assesses new business opportunities on a consistent basis, including completing book of business reviews, responding to new business inquiries and requests for proposals, and maintaining territory/focus lists. Drives team member accountability and participation.
Maintains timely, accurate and complete sales administration tasks as determined by the business. May train, coach and/or mentor other team members.
IL - Chicago
Business Development Officer Sr - Wealth Management (MLO)
Line of Business:
Asset Management Group
IL263 - Chicago One N. Franklin
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
IL - Chicago
Candidates being considered for this position will be subject to additional background checks as required by Consumer Financial Protection Bureau regulations.
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry relevant experience is typically 8+ years. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Sales Negotiating - Extensive Experience
- Applies successful financial sale solutions to negotiation concepts and techniques; ability to negotiate successfully across the organization and with customers in a constructive and collaborative manner. Negotiate structures and closes customer sales.
Customer Experience Management. - Working Experience
- Implements the strategies and techniques used to ensure that customers have a positive experience with the organization and its products and services at every touch point.
Business Acumen - Working Experience
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Managing Multiple Priorities - Extensive Experience
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
FINANCIAL SERVICES INDUSTRY - Working Experience
- Knowledge of financial services industry trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations and trendsetters; ability to provide specific financial knowledge and experience to help organizational development.
SALES FUNCTION - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to conduct daily and strategic activities in an organization's sales function.
Selling. - Extensive Experience
- Applies knowledge of banking products and services to meet customer needs and enable them to achieve their financial goals. Identifies prospecting approaches to identify potential customers and create opportunities to sell financial solutions and ideas to customers.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Sr. Business Development Officer within PNC's Asset Management organization, you will be based in Chicago, IL .