PNC Business Development Officer I - Business Credit in Chicago, Illinois
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
101212 Business Dev Officer I - BC
Develops and maintains quality prospect leads and coordinates telephone calling efforts with business development officers in assigned territory.
Maintains a rigorous prospect calling effort within assigned territory to develop and generate lead opportunities.
Partners with business development officers to refine targeted prospects and help maintain relationships and build market.
Accurately maintains and improves the prospect database, including call activity and updates to next scheduled call.
Focuses on bringing the entire company to the client by presenting the full range of PNC's products and services.
IL - Chicago
Business Development Officer I - Business Credit
Line of Business:
Corporate & Institutional Banking
IL016 - One North Franklin Building
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
IL - Chicago
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Customer Experience Management. - Basic Experience
- Implements the strategies and techniques used to ensure that customers have a positive experience with the organization and its products and services at every touch point.
Prospecting. - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to identify and engage potential opportunities in the market. Build relationships and create opportunities. Plan, strategize and target the right industries. Create value propositions with impact.
Sales Negotiating - Basic Experience
- Applies successful financial sale solutions to negotiation concepts and techniques; ability to negotiate successfully across the organization and with customers in a constructive and collaborative manner. Negotiate structures and closes customer sales.
Effective Communications - Basic Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Basic Experience
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Competitive Environment - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize the processes, tools and techniques for gathering, analyzing, and communicating information about the competitive environment.
Selling. - Basic Experience
- Applies knowledge of banking products and services to meet customer needs and enable them to achieve their financial goals. Identifies prospecting approaches to identify potential customers and create opportunities to sell financial solutions and ideas to customers.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Business Development Officer I within PNC's Business Credit organization, you will be based in Chicago, Illinois.