Comcast Business Development Account Executive in Chicago, Illinois
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for providing specific product or technical knowledge to
help assigned sales team(s) advance the sale of advertising products and
services. Researches and penetrates new businesses with the goal of
increasing sales volumes. Develops a sales strategy for successful
account development using a solutions or strategic staffing methodology
and approach. Develops relationship with clients to determine the best
products, services, and advertising solutions for the clients' needs and
challenges. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Maintains and increases sales volumes from established accounts and
prospects to acquire new accounts with the goal of increasing the bottom
-Generates leads through prospecting in designated selling areas or categories as assigned by New Business Sales Manager
-Proactively seek selling opportunities by leveraging all Spotlight key programming and high impact sales events (sports, music, market specific opportunities)
-Researches clients' needs and identifies opportunities for business development; maintains knowledge of competitive products and service offerings; and researches client's history of advertising
-Introduce the "team" selling concept to clients to align account expectations early in the sales process
- Uses expertise and resources to help Ad Sales Account Executives build
strong advisory relationships with clients. Researches and identifies
new business opportunities and participates in creating sales
- Maintains a high-level of product and technical knowledge. Researches
clients' needs and identifies opportunities for business development
within existing accounts; maintains knowledge of competitors products
and service offerings; researches client's history of advertising
products and services purchases.
- Monitors competitive activity and market conditions, providing
feedback and suggestions to management regarding new product addition
and existing product deletion.
- Firmly links company's products and solutions to the client's
challenges and needs to increase the value of our customer
relationships. Recommends products, services, and advertising and
marketing solutions to help clients attain their goals.
- Attends and participates in business development meetings, training
programs, and conferences as directed.
- Maintains all associated records, files, and contracts in accordance
with Company policy and procedure.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Marketing, Business
- Generally requires 1-3 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer