Bank of America Business Control Specialist in Chicago, Illinois
In this Issues Intake individual contributor role, the candidate will be responsible for identifying and documenting risks and/or mitigation plans related to Audit, Compliance, Ops Risk, Regulatory and/or GIS identified risks, issues, control enhancements and MRAs within defined SLAs. This includes leading and facilitating meetings to debate and understand risks, and drafting clear and articulate issue summaries and mitigation plans to be reviewed by senior and executive management. The candidate will be expected to manage a portfolio of risks and issues and understand holistic risks across their assigned area and be able to make determinations on how they may affect other divisions and GIS as a whole. The candidate will also be responsible for escalating potential roadblocks that may delay on time completion
• Excellent writing skills with the ability to communicate information security/cybersecurity risks/issue to senior management and potentially non-technical audience
• Cyber security or information security domain knowledge
• Exhibit strong relationship management and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a highly visible and fast-paced environment, where business needs/priorities may change and path forward is not always black/white
• Self-starter, organized, versatile, and capable of performing work with minimal management oversight
• Excellent time management skills and ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities
• Operates with a sense of urgency and has a strong attention to detail
• Capable of analyzing complex problem in order to provide strategic and tactical solutions
• Ability to “connect the dots” for others across multiple data points, make connections upstream/downstream that may not be easily noticeable
• Bachelors and/or Master’s degree
• CISSP, CRISC, CISA, CISM certification or similar
• Prior operational risk, audit, compliance or information security experience
• Detailed, bank specific risk management and governance experience.
• Capable of analyzing, simplifying and expressing complex problems
• Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners
• Assist with internal efficiencies projects and development
Posting Date : 11/06/2018
Washington, DC, 1800 K St NW (DC1842),
Chicago, IL, 135 S LA SALLE ST (IL4135),
- United States
Travel : No
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.