PNC Business Analytics Lead in Chicago, Illinois
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100556 Business Analytics Lead
Provides business and technical expertise for the analytics process, tools, and applications for a business function or business unit.
Conducting appropriate performance measures to be produced including lifts, efficiencies, confidence intervals, and other statistical metrics.
Analyzing and processing data, building and maintaining models and report templates, and developing dynamic, data-driven solutions.
Providing business clients with detailed, actionable reports documenting the findings form, data processing, and data analysis.
Consulting on using business intelligence data for predictive analytics and facilitating implementation of new tools and data marts.
PA - Pittsburgh
Business Analytics Lead
Line of Business:
PA370 - One PNC Plaza
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
GA - Atlanta, IL - Chicago, NC - Charlotte, OH - Cleveland, PA - Pittsburgh
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Business Acumen - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Business Analytics - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of technologies, techniques and practices for the evaluation of business performance data; ability to analyze business performance using advanced statistical methods to justify and drive future business planning decisions.
Consulting - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Emerging Technologies - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to design, apply and evaluate new information technologies for business environments in order to improve work productivity and accuracy.
Analytical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Business Analytics Lead within PNC's Corporate Audit organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Chicago, Charlotte, or Atlanta .
This position is a part of the CAATs (Computer Assisted Auditing Techniques) and Data Analytics Team. The individual will perform and supervise detailed technical code reviews of application code created to address customer impact issues. This will include critically analyzing the design of technical code based on the business requirements and other risk factors, and providing recommendations to address code deficits. In this role you may be required to provide coaching and guidance to other team members, including evaluating the quality of work deliverables. He or she will be expected to establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships to enable the success of the code review function. Utilizing his or her knowledge and experience, the candidate will provide innovative insights and adapt methods and practices to fit the operational needs and contribute to thought leadership. The candidate will work with many different technologies including Oracle, Teradata, DB2, and MS/SQL. Candidate should have a service oriented work ethic while collaborating with various individuals of different levels of experience and stature within the PNC. Attention to detail and an analytical mindset is necessary in order to produce complete and accurate results for our service partners.
Strong understanding of any of the following areas preferred: application systems development lifecycle and project management practices; computer platforms, operating systems, databases, networking and other supporting system software; application controls and application auditing methodologies, or technology risk management and governance practices
Professional certification is a plus (i.e., Oracle Database SQL, Teradata, SAS)
Bachelor’s degree required in a related discipline (Management of Information Systems, Computer Science, etc.). Advanced degree preferred.