PNC Business Analytics Lead in Chicago, Illinois
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100556 Business Analytics Lead
Provides business and technical expertise for the analytics process, tools, and applications for a business function or business unit.
Conducting appropriate performance measures to be produced including lifts, efficiencies, confidence intervals, and other statistical metrics.
Analyzing and processing data, building and maintaining models and report templates, and developing dynamic, data-driven solutions.
Providing business clients with detailed, actionable reports documenting the findings form, data processing, and data analysis.
Consulting on using business intelligence data for predictive analytics and facilitating implementation of new tools and data marts.
PA - Pittsburgh
Business Analytics Lead
Line of Business:
Asset Management Group
PAA86 - The Tower at PNC Plaza
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
IL - Chicago, OH - Cleveland, PA - Philadelphia
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Business Acumen - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Business Analytics - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of technologies, techniques and practices for the evaluation of business performance data; ability to analyze business performance using advanced statistical methods to justify and drive future business planning decisions.
Consulting - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Emerging Technologies - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to design, apply and evaluate new information technologies for business environments in order to improve work productivity and accuracy.
Analytical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Business Analytics Lead within PNC's Wealth Management organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA or Cleveland, OH .
You will use your Credit and Management Information Systems experience to consolidate data and reporting for Wealth Management Underwriting and Credit Portfolio. Specifically, you will extract and analyze credit portfolio data and trends which you will in turn create executive presentations that tell the story and hypothesize future situations and performance numbers. The focus is on portfolio analysis however, role will also focus on analytical and operations reporting. Knowledge of regulatory financial reporting is a plus.
Will be responsible for administration of credit and underwriting policies and procedures. This position will report to the head of Underwriting for Asset Management.
Prior credit and underwriting/portfolio management experience preferred
Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, SAS or SQL strong preferred
Experience with database management
Proficient in Excel and Powerpoint
Strong verbal and written communication skills as you will be presenting to senior management
Able to work to consolidate data and portfolio reporting