PNC Business Analytics Consultant in Chicago, Illinois
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100176 Bus Analytics Conslt
Leverages analytical tools to provide business and technical expertise for the analytics process, tools and applications for a business function or business unit to create data driven solutions.
Recommending appropriate performance measures to be produced including lifts, efficiencies, confidence intervals, and other statistical metrics.
Analyzing and processing data, building and maintaining models and report templates, and developing dynamic, data-driven solutions.
Providing business clients with detailed, actionable reports documenting the findings from, data processing, and data analysis.
Consulting on using business intelligence data for predictive analytics and facilitating implementation of new tools and data marts.
PA - Pittsburgh
Business Analytics Consultant
Line of Business:
Operations – Retail
PAA86 - The Tower at PNC Plaza
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
IL - Chicago, NC - Charlotte, OH - Cleveland, OH - Columbus, PA - Pittsburgh
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Business Acumen - Working Experience
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Business Analytics - Working Experience
- Knowledge of technologies, techniques and practices for the evaluation of business performance data; ability to analyze business performance using advanced statistical methods to justify and drive future business planning decisions.
Consulting - Working Experience
- Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Working Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Working Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Analytical Thinking - Working Experience
- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
Manages Risk - Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Business Analytics Consultant within PNC's Retail Operation organization, you could be based in one of the following locations - Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus, Charlotte and Chicago.
As a business Analytics Consultant in Distribution Administration you will oversee the staffing model for the Retail Branch, assist in managing the compensation budget and associated human capital risk for the retail markets and other retail lines of business, perform system access and assertion responsibilities for retail branch employees, design and implement reporting, and participate on retail projects as needed.
The competencies we are looking for:
•Managing Multiple Priorities
Ability to perform financial analysis of data
•Knowledge of retail – branch, market and LOB structure
•Understanding risk and associated responsibilities
•Knowledge of retail WFM system
•Knowledge of Genesis and OIM access
•Expertise in Excel and Power Point
•Project management skills a plus