Bank of America Application Programmer/Developer (Hadoop) in Chicago, Illinois
The Cyber Security Technology (CST) function within Global Information Security is responsible for innovation and architecture, engineering, solutions and capabilities development, deployment maintenance and support of information technology security controls. The CST team is also responsible for the management of the program/project management teams.
Standard Job Description
We invite you to join the GIS team at Bank of America as a Hadoop Programmer/Developer (Hadoop Data Engineer). We are a tight-knit, supportive community passionate about on delivering the best experience for our customers while remaining sensitive to their unique needs.
In this role, you will be helping to build new data pipelines, identifying existing data gaps, and providing automated solutions to deliver advanced analytical capabilities and enriched data to applications that are supporting the operations team.
You will also be responsible for obtaining data from the System of Record and establishing real-time data feed to provide analysis in an automated fashion.
- Experience working with Hadoop/Big Data related field
• Working experience on tools like Hive, Spark, HBase, Sqoop, Impala, Kafka, Flume, Oozie, MapReduce, SOLR, Indexers, etc.
• Hands on programming experience in perhaps Java, Scala, Python, PHP, or Shell Scripting, to name a few
• Experience in end-to-end design and build process of Near-Real Time and Batch Data Pipelines
• Strong experience with SQL and Data modelling
• Strong analytical mind to help take on complicated problems
• Experience working in Agile development process and deep understanding of various phases of the Software Development Life Cycle
• Experience using Source Code and Version Control systems like SVN, Git, etc.
• Deep understanding of the Hadoop ecosystem and strong conceptual knowledge in Hadoop architecture components
• Self-starter who works with minimal supervision and the ability to work in a team of diverse skill sets
• Ability to comprehend customer requests and provide the correct solution
• Desire to resolve issues and dive into potential issues
• Basic understanding of Cyber security domain
Posting Date : 09/28/2018
Chicago, IL, 135 S LA SALLE ST (IL4135),
Addison, TX, 16001 N Dallas Pkwy (TX8044),
- United States
Travel : No
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.