PNC Administrative Assistant I in Chicago, Illinois
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100127 Admin Asst I
Performs a wide range of administrative and office support to managers at the management hierarchy level 5 or above by performing activities for business segments to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization.
Provides administrative support by using supplied office equipment and/or software; routing or responding to routine correspondence not requiring supervisor's attention; preparing routine letters and memoranda for the supervisor's review; scheduling appointments; coordinating meetings and travel arrangements.
Prepares required/requested reports by gathering and summarizing data using office equipment and software to manipulate the data, producing graphics and spreadsheets, as required.
Contributes to the efficiency of the area by organizing and expediting the flow of work to appropriate staff members. Provides support by screening and routing mail, visitors, and telephone calls; responding to requests for information and furnishing the information when possible or referring to appropriate area/person and other clerical duties, including photocopying and faxing.
Maintains inventory for the area by monitoring supplies and anticipating needs; taking/placing orders and verifying receipt and coordinating maintenance of office equipment. Contributes to the efficiency of the operation by performing other related duties as assigned.
IL - Chicago
Administrative Assistant I
Line of Business:
Corporate & Institutional Banking
IL016 - One North Franklin Building
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
IL - Chicago
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require an Associates or equivalent degree as well as related experience or product knowledge to accomplish primary duties. Typically requires 3+ years experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Flexibility and Adaptability - Working Experience
- Knowledge of successful approaches, tools, and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment; ability to adapt as needed.
Effective Communications - Basic Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Working Experience
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
DESKTOP TOOLS - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use office support tools available on the desktop (e.g., word processing, e-mail, presentation software and spreadsheets).
OFFICE ADMINISTRATION - Basic Experience
- Ability to carry out ongoing office administration tasks effectively and efficiently in support of local and remote teams.
Manages Risk - Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As an Administrative Assistant I within PNC's Corporate Banking organization, you will be based in Chicago, Illinois. .