PNC Relationship Manager I- C&IB in Champaign, Illinois
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
101367 Relationship Mgr I - C&IB
Responsible for relationship management activities with new and/or existing clients in a book of business to grow sales, revenue and market share with relevant sales goals. Typically works with clients with basic levels of risk and complexity of needs. Generally works with higher degree of supervision.
With direction, acquires and/or expands and retains client relationships to generate revenue and deepen share of wallet. Responsible for the origination, financial analysis, negotiation, and documentation of credit and non credit products and services.
Manages risk/return and drives quality for new and/or existing clients. Actively identifies and mitigates different types of risk (eg regulatory, reputational, operational, credit, etc)
Focuses on client opportunities by providing ideas and insights based on an understanding of the client's needs and their financial well being. Focuses on increasing client engagement and loyalty.
Builds an effective network of internal and external relationships (eg community, industry, etc) to actively acquire new clients and/or expand existing clients and enhance the client experience. Focuses on bringing entire bank to the client by presenting the full range of PNC's products and services. Leverages reporting and sales tools to proactively identify and successfully convert sales opportunities.
As defined with the business, demonstrates ability to analyze, evaluate and mitigate credit risk by utilizing knowledge of credit fundamentals and internal credit policies.
IL - Peoria
Relationship Manager I- C&IB
Line of Business:
Corporate & Institutional Banking
ILP02 - Peoria Main Ofc
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
IL - Bloomington, IL - Champaign, IL - Decatur, IL - Peoria, IL - Springfield
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Customer Experience Management. - Working Experience
- Implements the strategies and techniques used to ensure that customers have a positive experience with the organization and its products and services at every touch point.
Sales Negotiating - Basic Experience
- Applies successful financial sale solutions to negotiation concepts and techniques; ability to negotiate successfully across the organization and with customers in a constructive and collaborative manner. Negotiate structures and closes customer sales.
Prospecting. - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to identify and engage potential opportunities in the market. Build relationships and create opportunities. Plan, strategize and target the right industries. Create value propositions with impact.
Tech Savvy - Working Experience
- Advise, educate and engage clients on a variety of technological tools and resources allowing them to explore solutions to achieve their goals and financial well being.
Business Acumen - Working Experience
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Working Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Working Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Client Relationship Management - Working Experience
- Knowledge and ability to determine and satisfy client needs and maintain a partnering relationship during engagements; includes influencing, communicating, presenting, facilitating, managing and developing others.
Selling. - Working Experience
- Applies knowledge of banking products and services to meet customer needs and enable them to achieve their financial goals. Identifies prospecting approaches to identify potential customers and create opportunities to sell financial solutions and ideas to customers.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Relationship Manager I – C&IB within PNC's Commercial Banking organization, you can be based in Peoria, Champaign, Bloomington, Decatur, or Springfield, IL .
Commercial Banking provides financial services, both in and out of PNC’s branch footprint, to companies with sales from $5 million to $50 million. You will be a trusted advisor within a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Your ability to identify and cultivate relationships will support building networks within the marketplace. You will serve as a strategic partner to clients by adding value and providing best-in-class products and business solutions. Your dedication to growing your portfolio through new and innovative approaches, while embracing continuous opportunities for improvement, will support you and your team’s success. In addition, utilizing technology platforms to prospect, network and communicate will differentiate you from other bankers within the industry.
3+ years’ experience as a banker with a proven track record of achieving sales goals, preferably within our targeted business segments
Proven relationship building and client management experience
Conversant with client CFOs and CEOs on non-credit and broader business issues such as risk management and strategic initiatives
Negotiation and influencing skills
Formal credit training preferred, with proven ability to understand financial statements, analyze customer needs and structure credit and non-credit cash flow solutions
Familiar with the pros/cons of various capital structures and demonstrated credibility with a broad range of commercial financial solutions
Experienced sales professional with proven ability to identify and cultivate relationships with Centers of Influences (COIs)
Self-starter with excellent organizational and time management skills