US Foods Territory Manager - Chicago Metro in Bensenville, Illinois
At US Foods® we help our customers make it with products and services that shape the communities where we live and work. We are passionate about demonstrating the same commitment to helping our employees make it through continued professional growth opportunities and broad career path potential. As a Territory Manager, you help developing and established customers leverage our various services, optimize their product usage and maximize their profits.
Why US Foods?
Our Customers' success goes far beyond great food. At US Foods, we work to exceed expectations and give our customers the competitive edge they need. At the foundation of those efforts are our cultural beliefs, the pillars that define our work ethic, collaborative spirit and commitment to service.
At US Foods®, we are committed to compensation and benefits that respect and reward our employees for their dedication and hard work. If you join our team, we provide flexibility and options to fit every stage of your career.
Main Ingredients of the Job
- Foster the customer relationship in a team based selling model.
- Manage deliveries to the routing schedule published by the transportation department; troubleshoot any problems that occur during the order process (e.g., delivery mis picks, short on loads, stock-outs).
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and client; collect all balances due based on approved credit terms.
- Leverage other resources to assist with top penetration opportunities and new accounts opening.
- Develop new business; identify prospective customers by utilizing market intelligence databases, as well as business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Know the market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
What You Bring to the Table
- One year of sales (foodservice industry preferred) or culinary/restaurant management experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as customer service and presentation abilities
- Problem solving ability and negotiation skills
- Proficient computer skills; Microsoft Office products
- HS Diploma or equivalent
Apply TodayClick to learn more about the role andapply todayor visit our career page to learn more about working at US Foods.
MOS CODE:Distribution Management Specialist or Officer, Culinary Specialist,1st Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers
Military Skills and Experience Crosswalk
Visit O*Net to see how your service aligns with US Foods roles:www.onetonline.org/crosswalk/MOC
Primary Location: Bensenville-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Street Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 100 % of the Time