US Foods Major Account Executive in Bensenville, Illinois
Owns assigned locally managed contract customer relationships and drives sales growth, item and category penetration and profitability of those relationships. Works with assigned Sales Coordinator as a unified sales team to ensure optimal account service and alignment with the customer's contract. This position is characterized by a sustained record of sales achievement and complete knowledge of the organization's policies, products and services. This position will office in the Chicago Hub and will need to be present in this location several days each week.
Develop and maintain existing accounts (10 – 20 million dollar accounts) through personal visits and follow-up on a systematic basis. Travel required – average anticipated field time of two days per week throughout northern and central IL
Responsible for growing new business in assigned segments and achieving annual sales plan through growth and penetration of existing accounts.
Present new ideas and products from primary vendors and exclusive brand products to secure account penetration and loyalty. Manage product mix to maximize profit goals and contract compliance.
Communicate with customers to apprise them of mutual performance, new products, programs and market trends both informally as needed and through periodic, formal Business Reviews.
Ultimately responsible for results of sales team (Sales Coordinator) actions relative to assigned accounts. Lead sales team accordingly to:
· Ensure optimum service to accounts including coordination with operational and purchasing functions, as needed.
· Maximize time spent with customers.
· Meet or exceed accounts receivable currency targets including coordinating with central AR as needed.
· Review all accounts to ensure program compliance, develop unique sales approach, identify needs, and expand sales.
· Maintain a profile on all accounts to include order guides, statements periodicals and overall reporting. Verify pricing information to ensure correctness.
Attend Sales Meetings, Training Sessions, Food Shows, and Conferences as deemed necessary by Management and Customer requirements.
Set-up and support rollout of new accounts as assigned.
Other duties assigned by manager.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
· High School diploma with minimum of three years relevant experience required, Bachelor’s degree in Business/Marketing or equivalent preferred.
· Must possess a minimum of three years of sales and distribution experience required (foodservice industry or related preferred).
· Experience in restaurant operations desirable.
· Experience using quantitative & qualitative research data will be helpful.
· Overnight travel may be required to participate in trainings, meetings, or other company events.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as customer service and presentation abilities.
· Should also have demonstrated problem solving ability and negotiation skills.
· Will need to be familiar with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint).
Primary Location: Bensenville-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Street Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time