US Foods Sr. Manager, Quality Assurance in Rosemont, Illinois
The Senior Manager, Quality Assurance will lead a team of employee and consultant resource to participate in agile software project execution. The Senior Manager will be a thought leader in maturing quality assurance and testing capabilities, and guide the team and organization in quality assurance and testing best practices. The Senior Manager, Quality Assurance will be part of a team of Senior Managers that will recommend strategies for test methodology, maturing agile development processes, and quality assurance tool selection.
- Oversee the quality function, which includes unit, functional, integrated, performance, and user acceptance testing;
- Implement test strategies that support agile development;
- Setting standards and measuring software quality;
- Contribute to defining the development process;
- Mentoring IT members on QA best practices;
- Champion quality at all levels in the organization;
- Participate in the development process, from definition to release;
- Oversee the design, document, develop, execute, and monitor automated and manual testing;
- Facilitate and coordinate testing with multiple cross-functional project/product teams;
- Create and deliver quality metrics and KPIs;
- Partner with development teams to develop and culture of quality;
- Manage risks – identify, assess, address or propose mitigation/contingency plans;
- Perform thorough review of business requirements, user stories, functional flows & specifications and provide feedback;
- Hire and develop talented and passionate QA Engineers;
- Coordinate and manage teams consisting of employees and consultants located both onsite and offsite.
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Policy on Third Party Unsolicited Resume Submissions
Any employment agency, person or entity that submits a résumé into this career site or to a hiring manager does so with the understanding that the applicant's résumé will become the property of US Foods. US Foods will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Employment agencies that have fee agreements with US Foods and have been engaged on a search shall submit résumé to the designated US Foods recruiter or, upon US Foods authorization, submit résumé into this career site to be eligible for placement fees.
- B.A., B.S. degree required.
- 5-10 years of experience in Software Development (Tandem Non-Stop and IBM Mainframe) required;
- 2 years of management experience with a QA team required;
- Knowledge of SQA methodology, process, tools;
- Experience with source control and continuous integration;
- Good communication and personal interaction skills with the ability to influence all levels of the organization;
- Proven ability to coach others;
- Experienced working in an agile/scrum environment;
- Ability to foster relationships across the organization and with vendors.
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Systems Testing
Job Level: Manager