US Foods Senior Compensation Manager, Incentive Based in Rosemont, Illinois
The Senior Compensation anager provides in-depth senior consultative compensation services to diagnose, recommend, and formulate effective compensation solutions to client-specific problems (includes management, exempt, non-exempt and non-graded employee populations.) Provides strategic direction to design, develop and assess broad-based incentive compensation programs and to help optimize sales compensation incentives (both street sales and national sales) and reinforce target behaviors to drive high performance sales. Will be positioned as the Company subject matter expert on all discussions related to sales compensation and will represent the Compensation function on all such matters at all levels of the organization.
· Partnerswith the business to drives sales compensation modeling and analysis -including competitive benchmarking, and design of sales incentive compensationprograms and assessment of effectiveness of sales compensation programs.
· Preparesthe deployment of new incentive programs, policy changes, process andorganization changes, and potential technology implementations (communications,training, etc.).
· Participatesin the development of incentive reward, team-based reward, pay "atrisk" and people-based pay designs (where appropriate).
· Developscompensation communications/education programs designed to increase workforceknowledge on reward program mechanics, strategy and initiatives.
· Identifiesand documents all existing recognition programs for ongoing assessment andcreating tools to assist in the assessment of all recognition systems.
· Ensuresthe optimal implementation of these programs.
· Providefunctional expertise in:
¾ Directcompensation (base and variable)
¾ IncentivePlan Design (cash and non-cash)
¾ Team-BasedRewards (productivity, service, quality, etc.)
¾ Organizationand business process design for the administration of incentive compensation
¾ Identificationof improvement opportunities (for the underlying business process andtechnology operation)
¾ Benchmarkingof best and future practices
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
4 year degree or equivalent combination of education and workexperience required. CCP (World at Work) and/or S/PHR (Society for HumanResources Management) certification preferred.
8 to 10 years’ experience with incentive compensationmethodologies, including bonus and commission schemes at mid- to large-sizecompanies required. Experience with database HRIS programs (PeopleSoft,WorkDay, and Excel). Prior experience interacting with C-suite and other seniorlevel executives in the development and socialization of sales compensationredesign.
· Possesseswell-developed compensation skills and depth of capacity in several areas suchas market pricing, sales compensation, incentive pay design, job hierarchydevelopment, job enrichment, executive compensation, compensation systems andprocess development, job revaluation, pay planning, etc.
· Musthave strong operations skills, as role will be responsible for implementing acohesive compensation process.
· Stronganalytics and strategic assessment skills required.
· Provenability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
· Recognizedas strategic business partner with business clients and the Human Resourcescommunity.
· Abilityto communicate with all levels of employees, to work in teams and to obtainconsensus and to persuade. Ability to work within a cross-functional team todeploy new strategies.
· Proficientin Excel and/or software applications that make work moreefficient. Experience preparing, documenting and presentingnarrative reports/presentations and statistical analyses.
· Excellentcommunication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Compensation
Job Level: Individual Contributor