US Foods Director Manufacturing Plant in Rosemont, Illinois
Director of Operations/Manufacturing- Plant Performance will be responsible for the overall strategy to drive continuous improvement at all Stock Yards facilities and our outsourced partners. Will lead strategy that drives standard production improvements and efficiencies across the business as well as integration of acquisitions/startups in the expanded footprint.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Each item should account for 10% or more)
- Develop and implement Stock Yards strategy to drive continuous improvement.
- Lead efforts with plant leaders to standardize and drive operational efficiencies focused on continuous improvement strategy.
- Lead and develop standardize productivity metrics, set goals, drive productivity
- Work with weak/underperforming divisions in a mentoring role
- Develop strategy to standardize production/packaging equipment, set standards for company
- Collaborate with procurement manager to develop plan to standardize raw material usage.
- For facilities with fleet, lead and develop metrics for measuring productivity
- Commercial oversight for outsourced partners including pricing (formulas based) specifications, communicating items authorized and collaborating with FSQA and area leadership to drive penetration in COP
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Education/Training : Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or a related field preferred; will consider the equivalent combination of education and years of experience.
- Minimum 5 years management level experience working in production/operations facility
- Broad knowledge of production experience (food preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word & Power Point
- Highly analytical, ability to conduct advanced analyses independently
- Independent, self-motivated, proactive team player with strong work ethic.
- Daily interaction with Production/Operations/Replenishment teams. This would include interaction with senior manmagement.
- Lead Six Sigma accreditation
•Will work in a production/warehouse setting•Will work around food manufacturing equipment •Environment will be cold (less than 40 degrees)•May require standing for periods of time
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Operations Management
Job Level: Director
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time