US Foods Director Core & Mainframe Solutions (Rosemont, IL or Tempe, AZ) in Rosemont, Illinois
The Director Core/MF Solutions will be focus on leading the team responsible for all backend application development and support. In addition to manage day to day staffing duties, this role will be responsible for ensuring adequate staffing for both projects and support activities. A data focused individual, the Director Core/MF Solutions will also collaborate across the IT organization to identify and implement improvement opportunities to drive efficiency, quality while reducing costs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the team financials;
- Manage a team of application developers;
- Define and manage the staffing plan and ensure it meet project demand;
- Define and manage the team support calendar to ensure business continuity;
- Collaborate with the Business Relationship Manager to determine US Foods order processing capabilities;
- Work cross functionally (e.g. the Development, Architecture, BRM, etc.) to identify and implement process improvement opportunity;
- Manage temporary work force;
- Manage relationship with staffing partners;
- Reviews and/or designs complex enterprise integration architectures for other US Foods IT teams and makes recommendations;
- Oversees quality and output of development team on project tasks;
- Works and communicates effectively with all levels of management.
# EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
Policy on Third Party Unsolicited Resume Submissions
Any employment agency, person or entitythat submits a résumé into this career site or to a hiring manager does so withthe understanding that the applicant's résumé will become the property of USFoods. US Foods will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretionwithout any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Employment agencies that have fee agreementswith US Foods and have been engaged on a search shall submit résumé to thedesignated US Foods recruiter or, upon US Foods authorization, submit résuméinto this career site to be eligible for placement fees.
- Bachelor's degree required, M.S./MBA preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of IT experience required;
- Prior experience managing teams;
- Prior experience managing budgets;
- Experiencing defining and executing against Key Performance Indicators;
- Prior experience mobilizing and delivering projects;
- Prior experience leading support teams;
- Prior experience negotiating with implementation or staffing partners;
- Prior experience managing remote team members.
Specialized Knowledge Needed For Performance of Job:
- Prior experience managing various mobilization model such as on-shore, near-shore, off-shore a plus;
- Prior experience leading projects using Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Prior experience with COBOL programs desirable;
- Prior experience with the HP NonStop platform a plus;
- Prior experience with IBM Mainframe a plus;
- Familiarity with Cloud a plus;
- Prior experience delivering Web Services (SOAP, REST) or APIs a plus.
Travel: Minimal travel required, some travel to divisions and vendor seminars
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Development / Programming
Job Level: Director
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time