MB Financial Bank BI Developer (SSIS Developer) --> 6111 N River Road in Rosemont, Illinois
We have an outstanding career opportunity for a successful BI Developer at MB Financial Bank in Rosemont IL. We are looking for an enthusiastic BI developer who will be responsible forETL development and maintenance from internal and external sources into EDW. In collaboration with other team members, this position will specify, analyze, design, implement and test SSIS integration packages to meet business needs.
**ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These are the most significant job duties performed. The size, scope and complexity of assigned duties and responsibilities are dependent on the level and experience of the incumbent. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each assigned essential duty satisfactorily. Other responsibilities or special projects not specifically mentioned may also be assigned.
- Create Data Warehouses using SSAS cubes, MDX, and Tabular data models.
- Builds data transformations with SSIS including importing data from files, moving data from one database platform to another; builds star schema data marts.
- Collaborates with business analysts, subject matter experts, and other team members to determine data extraction and transformation requirements.
- Gathers business requirements and works with data analysts on physical database design and modeling.
- Performs code reviews, analyzes execution plans, and re-factors inefficient code.
- Follows data standards, resolves data issues, and completes unit testing and system documentation forExtract Transfer Load (ETL) processes.
- Conducts system tests and root cause analysis, troubleshoots issues and corrects database defects, responding quickly to bug fixes and enhancement requests.
- Follows change management process to resolve application defects or to implement development enhancements.
- Provides assistance with ETL standards and design for future supportability and ease of enhancements.
- Creates reusable components as they relate to the ETL framework.
- Management of ETL scalability and system management.
- Creates technical documentation of design logic and ETL processes based on technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes.
- Prepares and run unit, integration, UAT, regression, stress and performance plan documents and tests while documenting results.
- Analyzes day-to-day functions and processes to ensure they are performing within predetermined guidelines, limits, and specifications.
- Understands and complies with all Bank policies and procedures, and federal and state laws and regulations pertinent to this position; stays informed and shares updates on changes with management. Required to successfully complete all required Compliance training.
- Continuously supports the Bank’s Mission Statement and Core Values.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but may lead the work of others including, but not limited to, guiding, coaching, mentoring, and training newer/less experienced team members.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions._
Education and Work ExperienceBachelor's degree in the field of computer science, information science, management information systems, or related areas of study; and two to four years of SSIS developer experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses_**The following certifications are highly preferred, but not required: MCSA SQL Server 2012 Certification; and/or MCSE Business Intelligence.
**_Job –Specific Knowledge
Project Management -Experience working on BI/DW projectsdesigning, developing, testing and troubleshooting SSIS packages that implement complex ETL financial services processes.
- Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services SSAS SSIS, SSRS and Power BI
- MongoDB, Hadoop, Tableau
- Has strong knowledge of relational databases, as well as skills in SQL query design and development.
- Strong fluency with Scrum/Agile work management tools, such as JIRA Software.
- Strong understanding of iterative and agile development, and especially of Scrum, including the core underlying principles.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.**__
- Basic knowledgeof Windows applications and Microsoft Office programs such as MS Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Understands and is familiar with the most widely known and emerging tools and technologies.
- Strong analytical skills and aptitude to derive and translate data designs from business concepts.
- Identifies and resolves problems.Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Identifies opportunities to increase accuracy and optimize resources and develops / recommends / implements solutions.
- Presents organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience.
- Utilizes variety of interpersonal styles and communication methods to effectively adapt to new work structures, processes, or cultures.
Demonstrates follow-up skills. Provides timely and professional support to all internal/external customers and vendors.
Prioritizes regular workload, special tasks and concurrent projects, allocating time and resources to ensure that work is completed accurately and efficiently within established time frame.
Self-motivated. Works with minimal supervision. Team-oriented.
**PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions._
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit in a cubicle work space with moderate noise level during normal business hours with extended hours as needed.
This job is always fast-paced and deadline sensitive. Occasional travel between IL and offices in Ann Arbor, MI may be required.
**MB Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
As a part of the MB Financial hiring process all applicants will be required to submit to and pass a pre-employment urine drug screening. 20170516