Walgreens Manager Inbound/Outbound Distribution Ctrs-Mt Vernon, IL in MOUNT VERNON, Illinois
Title: Manager Inbound/Outbound Distribution Ctrs-Mt Vernon, IL
Location: US-IL-Mount Vernon
Job Number: 028124
Inbound responsibilities include the areas of Receiving, Replenishment, Put-away and Split Case Stocking. Outbound responsibilities include the areas of Shipping, Full and Split Case Picking, RX and Specialty Picking.
- Executes and supports strategic plans as directed by the Manager of Operations and Distribution Center Manager. Provides strategic goals and direction to Function Managers. Works effectively with all levels and shifts of management to ensure DC pyramid goals are met.
- Develops reviews and recommends methods of operational improvement involving equipment, systems, corrections, activities and practices within function areas within their responsibility. Emphasizes safety in all aspects of the operation through direction and review.
- Manages volume and work through supervision of employee movement to meet all service, cost and quality requirements providing service to stores or consumer. Ensures organizational structure by input on hiring and placement, scheduling, work assignments and delegation.
- Effectively mentors and develops Function Managers and employees through training, establishes objectives and communicates policies and procedures while building employee morale, motivation, commitment.
- Recommends implements and audits Company policies and procedures designed to identify and minimize inventory loss.
- Measures performance compliance and requirements and directs appropriate actions by function managers to maintain performance at or above required levels.
- Prepares, recommends and maintains budget and purchase responsibilities for areas of responsibility, while measuring and adjusting based on performance.
- Plans, recommends, directs and reviews function areas’ payroll, expense and operational budget.
- Ensures compliance with all national, state and local laws and regulations, such as OSHA, DEA, and FDA. Ensures fairness and consistency through application of policies and procedures. Maintains appropriate and required records for function areas under his/her responsibility.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years of experience in a distribution, warehousing or logistics environment OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 4 years of experience in a distribution, warehousing or logistics environment.
- At least 2 years of experience with distribution product flow.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- At least 2 years of management experience with responsibility for more than one departments including workforce planning and performance.
- Experience with outbound responsibilities, including Shipping, Full and Split Case picking, Pharmacy and Specialty picking.
- Experience with inbound responsibilities, including replenishment, put-away and split case stocking.
- Group facilitation experience with Performance Improvement Teams.
- At least 2 years of experience with cutting-edge material handling equipment.
- At least 2 years of Lean experience in a manufacturing or logistics environment.
- Experience with Statistical Process Control including data analysis, charting, and control methodology.
Accessibility/Accommodation Walgreens is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Walgreens Careers website as a result of your disability. The Company will also reasonably accommodate sincerely-held religious beliefs. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. If you need an accommodation or assistance in using the Walgreens Careers website, please call 1-866-967-5492.