Walgreens Function Lead Edwardsville Night in EDWARDSVILLE, Illinois
Title: Function Lead Edwardsville Night
Job Number: 028207
Responsible for leading assigned function area, which includes daily productivity/output of specific functions within assigned function area based on daily distribution center volume and KPI (Key Performance Indicator) information. Responsible for leading the accuracy and integrity of inventory/merchandise movement.
Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent)
- Performs daily team member functions, including but not limited to picking, stocking, loading, and receiving. Leads team members in a designated department in the Distribution Center (DC). Motivates team member’s performance for productivity and quality.
- Communicates essential information to enforce distribution center policy guidelines.
- Assists in building/cultivating morale and loyalty of team members. Encourages participation of team members in DC activities and special events.
- Recommends methods of operational improvement within the function area involving equipment, systems, corrections, activities and practices within the area of responsibility.
- Leads performance and actions taken by team members and equipment to maintain performance at or above standard levels. Maintains appropriate and required records for team members, equipment and KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) under their responsibility.
- Assists in management of area, including but not limited to assignment of work, manpower scheduling for needs of designated area to cover team member vacations, turnover and DC volume.
- Participates in team member concerns: reporting, follow up, investigating or disciplinary process.
- Utilizes system computer applications for proper operation and reports.
- Within the guidelines of authorized Company policies, programs, procedures, budgets, laws, and good business ethics, leads and coordinates team member. Monitors team members for compliance with company policies & procedures. Ensures team member compliance with Safety Program.
- May mentor team members through on-the-job training. May perform new team member department orientation, including completion of training checklist. May assist in performance of 15 minute Observe, Coach, Recognize (OCRs) sessions, as necessary.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- High School Diploma/GED and at least 2 years of experience in a distribution and/or production environment.
- Experience analyzing operational reports.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Office 2003 or later: Word (for example: creating documents, entering and formatting text, page layouts, creating tables, and adding graphics), Excel (for example: creating worksheets, entering data, creating basic formulas, working with cells and rows) and PowerPoint (for example: creating a new presentation from a design template, adding and removing slides, entering and formatting text, adding speaker notes, and viewing presentations).
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Associate’s OR Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience in distribution, warehousing, or logistics.
- Experience working with Statistical Process Control (SPC) tracking, AS400, SortView, or Integrated Staffing Solutions (ISS).
- At least 1 year of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
Accessibility/Accommodation Walgreens is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Walgreens Careers website as a result of your disability. The Company will also reasonably accommodate sincerely-held religious beliefs. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. If you need an accommodation or assistance in using the Walgreens Careers website, please call 1-866-967-5492.