PNC Business Analyst - Non Technical in Downers Grove, Illinois
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100144 Bus Analyst - Non Tech
Collects and interprets business requirements, and participates in the development and review of processes and procedures, workflow analytics, and reporting.
Under supervision, develops and maintains of all applicable policy and procedure documentation.
Assists in obtaining and identifying the business requirements needed to carry out and improve applicable business processes.
Translates business needs, processes and/or procedures by partnering with applicable experts and business stakeholders to determine and articulate needs.
Supports the development, analysis and distribution of relevant reporting.
IL - Downers Grove
Business Analyst - Non Technical
Line of Business:
Retail Lending Services - Operations
IL417 - Corridors III
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
IL - Downers Grove
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree with < 1 year of professional experience and/or successful completion of a formal development program. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Business Case Justification - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the how's and why's of preparing and justifying business cases and value propositions; ability to justify business expenditures by identifying cost, benefits, ROI, opportunities, and risks.
Software Product Business Knowledge - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and experience with the business aspects and operation of a software product; knowledge of the install base, current uses, future plans, and product vision.
Information Capture - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the processes and the ability to identify, capture and document relevant business information in an auditable, organized, understandable and easily retrievable manner.
Business Data Analysis - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the investigation, evaluation, interpretation, and classification of business data; the ability to collect, identify, analyze and interpret business data using various kinds of techniques to meet business needs and requirements.
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Analytical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
Requirements Analysis - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of methods and techniques to elicit, analyze and record required business functionality and non-functionality requirements; ability to analyze these requirements to ensure the success of a system or software development project.
Business Assessment - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the activities, tasks, practices and deliverables for assessing and documenting business opportunities; ability to assess the benefits, risks, and success factors of potential applications.
Workflow Analysis - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to manage IT work activities, processes and progress within a system to improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
Modeling: Data, Process, Events, Objects - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to use tools and techniques for analyzing and documenting logical relationships among data, processes or events.
Service Request Management Process - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to apply the processes, activities and tools associated with managing customer requests.
Addressing Customer Needs - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to meet customer needs by offering appropriate products in an appropriate manner.
Manages Risk - Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Business Analyst - Non-Tech within PNC's Mortgage organization, you will be based in Downers Grove, IL .