Walgreens Sr. Manager, Payer Relations (Mail) - WPSA in DEERFIELD, Illinois
Title: Sr. Manager, Payer Relations (Mail) - WPSA
Other Locations: US-AZ-Tempe
Job Number: 028366
The Manager of Payer Relations (Mail) will be supporting sales by working with the strategic sales team, the Central Pharmacy Operations, WPSA Customer Care Centers and the Implementation business unit. Partners with the management of the sales department to ensure continued growth and works with the Central Pharmacy Operations team and Call Center Operations teams to ensure client service levels are satisfactory; May serve as representative for the operations team at internal and external client meetings, including finalist presentations. Provides expertise to sales and RFP teams in the development of structure and content of sales strategies, and client presentations. Serves as a Subject Matter Expert for client presentations and inquiries. Reviews and analyzes industry trends, client activity/ utilization reports to ensure the continued growth and viability of new and potential business opportunities.
- Provides expertise in the evaluation and development of: sales strategy; new product/service development; new business opportunities; client negotiation; up-sell opportunities.
- Assist with RFPs (Request for Proposals)
- Assists in creation of materials for Sales teams. Co-facilitates training and learning as required.
- Identifies and translates industry trends, issues and cost management strategies to sales team and clients.
- Develops and analyzes activity reports. May assist in the development and implementation of a reporting program, which measures the impact of clinical services intervention programs.
- Serves as an SME for WPSA teams when making sales presentations to clients or providing responses to client inquiries. Provides product and industry knowledge and expertise in representing the business and sales team to internal WPSA units (Store Operations, Pharmacy Services, WPSA Customer Call Center, Implementation, Integration, and Clinical Services) in order to maximize business unit opportunities.
- Provides directional oversight to the Payer Relations Team (Mail).
- Responsible for expansion of programs, maximization of contract performance and rebate offerings.
- Responsible for the development of team members through orientation, training, performance evaluation, communication, recognition and performance improvement where applicable.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years in Sales or Operations in pharmacy mail order industry. OR High School Diploma and 5 years in Sales or Operations in pharmacy mail order industry.
- 2 year experience managing key strategic clients (large health plans, employers or health systems)
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience using business analytical skills including facilitating requirements sessions and documenting activity workflows and business requirements.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Office 2003: Word (creating documents, entering and formatting text, page layouts, creating tables, and adding graphics), Excel (creating worksheets, entering data, creating basic formulas, working with cells and rows) and PowerPoint (creating a new presentation from a design template, adding and removing slides, entering and formatting text, adding speaker notes, and viewing presentations).
- Experience with managing multiple complex projects while meeting aggressive deadlines.
- Willing to travel 25% of the time for business purpose (within state and out of state).
- At least 1 year of experience of cross functional team leadership.
Accessibility/Accommodation Walgreens is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Walgreens Careers website as a result of your disability. The Company will also reasonably accommodate sincerely-held religious beliefs. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis. If you need an accommodation or assistance in using the Walgreens Careers website, please call 1-866-967-5492.