PNC Underwriting Manager Sr - Commercial in Chicago, Illinois
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100683 Underwriting Mgr Sr-Commercial
Participates in developing and implementing credit underwriting strategy for segment and/or line of business. Leads a team of underwriting managers or may supervise a team of underwriters. Provides mentoring, training, advising and assistance to their team during the underwriting process.
Leads and serves as a point of escalation to staff in performing underwriting responsibilities. Oversees work product quality of team, including satisfying portfolio metrics as applicable.
Builds ongoing relationships with internal/external customers and other parties. Collaborates with senior business partners and key stakeholders.
Leads or participates in responses to audit or risk assessment issues and oversees mitigation activities for the Credit Underwriting group. Fosters an environment of continuous improvement and provides recommendations for process improvement. Leads and participates in special initiatives.
Leads efforts to attract, develop, motivate and retain top talent. Identifies training and development needs of the team. Coaches team members.
IL - Chicago
Underwriting Manager Sr - Commercial
Line of Business:
Corporate & Institutional Banking
IL016 - One North Franklin Building
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
IL - Chicago, OH - Cleveland
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry-relevant experience is typically 8+ years. At least 5 years of prior management experience is typically required. Proven leadership experience with a moderate to large scope of responsibility is required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Builds Winning Teams - Extensive Experience
- Develops talent by creating engaged, inclusive and diverse teams who are empowered to speak freely and act with integrity.
Drives for Results - Extensive Experience
- Demonstrates energy and a desire to succeed; follows through on commitments; pushes self and others to deliver exceptional results.
Establishes Vision and Purpose - Extensive Experience
- Creates a compelling vision of the future and translates it into action, linking others' contributions to the success of PNC.
Leads Effective Change - Extensive Experience
- Recognizes the need for, takes personal accountability to adapt, and leads others through organizational change.
Job Specific Competencies:
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Subject Matter Expertise
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Credit Analysis and Verification - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and practices for determining the credit-worthiness of an applicant.
Financial Analysis - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of and ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material.
Knowledge of Underwriting - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of the full spectrum of underwriting activities, practices, tools and considerations, and the ability to utilize these to manage the underwriting process.
Operational Functions - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of major functional processes and associated operating requirements; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Manages Risk - Extensive Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Regional Underwriting Executive within PNC Corporate Banking's Healthcare/Public Finance Credit Products Group, you will be based in either Cleveland, OH or Chicago, IL.