Accenture Student Systems MC Consultant in Chicago, Illinois
Title: Student Systems MC Consultant Location: USA-Midwest Job Number: 00471239
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in our Client & Market career track drive profitable growth by developing market-relevant insights to increase market share or create new markets. They progress through required promotion into market-facing roles that have a direct impact on sales.
Management Consulting professionals design and implement process and change interventions that integrate strategy, technology and people to enable process improvements that create value for clients.
The Management Consultant reengineers business processes to drive efficiency and optimize the client's business, within a function, industry, technical and/or digital area.
H&PS Workday Professionals analyze, design, configure, test and deploy Workday HCM, Finance and/or Student solutions to accommodate unique Health and Public Services industry business and management processes, regulatory requirements and other business needs. A professional at this position level within Accenture has the following responsibilities: Identifies, assesses and solves complex business problems for area of responsibility, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Responsibilities of the Health & Public Service State, Provincial and Local Workday Professional may include:
• Work directly with clients to implement, support and integrate Workday technology solutions into their business environments
• Provide delivery support for Workday applications to our clients
• Closely follow the strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near term goals
• Manage small teams
“It is our intention for our people to work where they live. However, in the context of our profession and serving our clients there may be times when you will need to travel.”
Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in HR Management, Business Management and Organizational Behavior, Information Systems or related areas
3-5 years of experience in one or more of the following: Registrar’s office, Admissions office, financial aid office, AND/OR Higher education CIO office
3-5 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: Workday Human Capital Management (HCM), Workday Financials, Workday Student functional configuration and implementation or technical integration within Higher Education
3 years of experience with Banner and/or PeopleSoft Campus Solutions is a plus
1-3 years Demonstrated proven prior success in roles utilizing Workday directly
• Ability to establish credibility in the eyes of senior-level university executives on the basis of expertise, maturity, and professionalism
• Strong analytical skills and tools such as excel used to translate information from meetings into documentation that can be shared with meeting participants and project teams
• Excellent communication skills - oral and written - and the interpersonal skills needed quickly to establish relationships of trust and collaboration •,Workday Services functional certification a plus**
• Strong interest in collaborative work with clients
• Previous experience in software selection, vendor management*
• Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
• Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
• Desire to work with Health, Education, State or Federal entities
• Desire to be a part of a fast paced culture with a focus growing the business
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• Excellent leadership and management skills
Job: Management Consulting