PNC Sr Account Manager (IC) in Chicago, Illinois
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
101943 Sr Account Manager (IC)
Serves as the clients' point of contact for all matters, to build and maintain a long-lasting relationship. Monitors client contract for compliance and participates in the negotiations of base contract and contract modifications. Manages processes outlined in the contract and resolves challenges/issues. Handles higher volume, higher visiblity and more complex clients.
Serves as a main point of contact for client matters. Identifies and develops new servicing opportunities with existing clients to build and maintain a long-lasting relationship. This includes leveraging industry and PNC knowledge to inform customers of appropriate products/services, rates, and other opportunities. Serves as an escalation point and training resource to junior staff.
Actively participates in negotiating servicing agreements and servicing fees for existing clients if contract modifications are needed. Works directly with in-house counsel and clients on contract negotiations, including the review of the servicing agreements to ensure contract terms meet servicing guidelines.
Analyzes, assesses and documents client requirements. Forecasts and tracks key account metrics. Proactively identifies customization needs, and works with service partners to decision/implement.
Independently manages processes outlined in the contract and independently partners to resolves challenges regarding implementation and production issues. Serves as an escalation point for high severity requests or issues. Identifies the best solution to maintain a positive client relationship.
IL - Chicago
Sr Account Manager (IC)
Line of Business:
Corporate & Institutional Banking
IL016 - One North Franklin Building
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
IL - Chicago, MI - Troy
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Account Management - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of account management practices, tasks, and tools and ability to provide services and support to key clients.
Customer Support Policies, Standards and Procedures - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the organization's customer support policies, standards and procedures and ability to guide customers on all company interactions.
Customer Relationship Management Applications - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to design, develop and implement a whole range of application tools or modules used in Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Flexibility and Adaptability - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of successful approaches, tools, and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment; ability to adapt as needed.
Managing Multiple Priorities - Extensive Experience
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
Negotiating - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of successful negotiation concepts and techniques; ability to negotiate successfully across the organization and with external vendors and clients in a constructive and collaborative manner.
Problem Management Process - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to bring a reported problem to successful resolution.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Senior Account Manager within PNC's Treasury Management organization, you will be based in Chicago, IL or Troy, MI.