Comcast Senior Software Developer in Chicago, Illinois
Over 25% of total US media spend goes through Strata. We are transforming the way media is bought and executed across media channels globally. Over 7,500 media buyers in the U.S. and Europe rely on Strata to effectively manage their business. Through aglobally scalableplatform and open architecture, Strata offers a flexible system to support all media types in a rapidly changing landscape.
Acquired in 2005, Strata is part of Comcast's Advanced Advertising division. Wearefocused on media monetization, across the value chain and at scale. Are you looking for the next big step in your career? Check out open opportunities to develop and grow your career at Strata.
SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
The Senior Software Developer is responsible for developing .NET, web-based software solutions. This development will occur in an Agile environment, typically in fixed-length sprints (Scrum methodology), with regular interactions with Product Owners and other team members. The Software Developer is expected to produce high-quality software, to function effectively as a member of a team, to interact with management and other members of the development group, and to continually seek to improve themselves and the company.
Job Knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA's)
At least 5 years of experience as a developer (lead developer would be a plus).
Proficiency in the following programming languages and applications:
- C# for web applications and servers
- SQL Server 2008 or greater, relational database design and programming
Significant experience with:
- ASP.NET MVC 3 or 4 applications using NHibernate, AutoMapper, and StructureMap
- REST/RESTful web service design and programming (Web API, Nancy, ServiceStack, etc.)
- Unit testing frameworks (NUnit, xUnit, Jasmine, etc.)
- Package management (npm, Bower, NuGet, etc.)
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Message queues or event bus technologies (MSMQ, RabbitMQ, NServiceBus, etc.)
- Automated builds/Continuous Integration/Deployment (Jenkins, CruiseControl, TFS, etc.)
- Cloud-based services (SaaS/IaaS/PaaS)
- Data warehouses, reporting, and analysis
- Very large database (VLDB) design and tuning
- XML, XML Schemas, XPath queries, etc.
- Familiarity with the Media/Cable industry
Supervisory Responsibilities -The Senior Software Developer will have no supervisory responsibilities, but must function well within project teams, working with Product Managers, tech leads, and other team members.
Working conditions-The Senior Software Developer will work within the company's offices, based on hours agreed upon by their manager. The Software Developer will be expected to dress and behave professionally.
Minimum qualifications and requirements
MS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field plus 2 years' experience in a Software Developer position.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field plus 5 years' experience in a
Software Developer Position
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer