PNC Product Manager I in Chicago, Illinois
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
101779 Product Mgr I
Leads the selection, design, development and promotion of new or existing products.
Analyzes product and market trends and third party requirements as necessary, in support of the development of new and existing products or features. Develops business case, business plan and roll-out of specific products or product groups.
Develops and designs the features of new and/or existing products or enhancements. Assists in the management of the development, production, roll-out, pricing or promotion of specific products or product groups.
Participates in customer focused quality assessments and improvement processes. As part of the first line of defense, supports risk management, compliance, and audit needs as necessary.
Monitors business results of recently introduced or existing products, coordinates reporting, and may recommend modifications to improve results.
PA - Pittsburgh
Product Manager I
Line of Business:
Retail Banking - Product & Pricing
PA370 - One PNC Plaza
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
IL - Chicago, NY - New York, PA - Pittsburgh
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Business Acumen - Basic Experience
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Basic Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Project Management - Working Experience
- Ability to plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of technical and administrative resources, to achieve project objectives.
Data Gathering and Reporting - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and processes for gathering and reporting data in a particular department or division of a company.
Competitive Environment - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize the processes, tools and techniques for gathering, analyzing, and communicating information about the competitive environment.
Marketing Strategy and Positioning - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use business models to develop and implement marketing strategies, objectives, and tactics as well as establishing a communications plan.
KNOWLEDGE OF PRODUCT LINE - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of methodologies, tools and techniques for specific products; ability to develop product line processes and strategies.
Solutions Development - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to assess customer needs and provide solutions for them.
Product Development Life Cycle - Basic Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to develop products and bring them into the marketplace.
Manages Risk - Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Product Manager I within PNC's Education Lending organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA.