Walmart Field Project Supervisor-Store Planning (Illinois, Western Indiana) in CHICAGO, Illinois
725538BRReq ID:725538BRCompany Summary:What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Today, nearly 260 million customers visit our more than 11,500 stores under 72 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce sites in 11 countries each week. With fiscal year 2016 revenue of $482.1 billion, Walmart employs 2.3 million associates worldwide – 1.5 million in the U.S. alone. It’s all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.Job Title:Field Project Supervisor-Store Planning (Illinois, Western Indiana)Employment Type:Full TimeCity:CHICAGOState:ILPosition Description:Field Project Supervisors will live and work in Illinois or Western Indiana.
The Field Project Supervisor (FPS) opportunity is a management/ salaried position; leading a small team of 5 to 7 to accomplish new store or store renovation projects lasting 5 to 15 weeks.
Required skills: demonstrated previous hands-on direct leadership of a team, project management skills (timelines, resources, etc.). Preferred skills: retail management
• Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
• Develops and directs one or more work streams of cross-functional store planning projects in all formats
• Directs Associates, including managers, on process and procedures for Facility set-up projects, including reviewing new modular plans, planning merchandise placement based on modular requirements, and advising on assigning additional staff to assist to ensure Company and Facility goals are met.
• Drives and monitors sales and project budget
• Drives the implementation of real estate plans for project facilities (for example, remodels, new stores, relocations, new formats, expansions)
• Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Models, enforces, and provides direction and guidance to Associates on proper Customer service approaches and techniques to ensure Customer needs, complaints, and issues are successfully resolved within Company guidelines and standards.
• Travel up to 80% of the time (approximately 280 days per year) by airplane or by motor vehicle
• Travel within assigned states, but may travel regionally to fulfill business needs.
• Must be able to work overnight and weekend shifts and stay at a hotel if required.
• Typically work 5 days a week, 8-10 hours per day. May be necessary to work 6 or 7 days per week to fulfill business needs.
• Must have reliable transportation and passing motor vehicle record.
• Relocation package not provided for this position.Minimum Qualifications:
1 year experience using Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
1 year leadership, supervisory, or management experience, including task management and delegation.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
1 year Walmart management experience.
1 year project management experience.
2 years retail field experience.
Bachelor's degree in Business or related field.
Category:Real Estate, Construction and Store Planning Hourly/Salary:SalaryShift:0Requisition Template:Home Office