Comcast Director of Sales in Chicago, Illinois
Comcast Spotlight, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps put the power of cable to use for local, regional and national advertisers. It is focused on providing multi-platform marketing solutions to reach audiences most effectively and efficiently. Headquartered in New York with offices throughout the country, Comcast Spotlight has a presence in nearly 80 markets with approximately 35 million owned and represented subscribers.
Comcast Spotlight offers clients easy-to-buy, easy-to-execute options customized around their business goals. We work with clients to provide them with customized, multi-screen media marketing solutions that utilize our suite of products in the way that's best suited to meet their objectives. Our media solutions provide advertisers with the ability to reach, engage and connect with their customers viewing content on any device or screen.
Responsible for directing and controlling advertising sales activities
for a network, geographic area, industry, or sales channel across
multiple cable networks and zones. Accountable for achieving assigned
revenue targets associated with regions or segments of accountability.
Monitors and delegates the work of sales managers and account executive
as well as continually evaluating sales performance and modifying plans
to achieve better results. Provides leadership and direction for team
which may include multiple functional areas. Develops and implements
strategy for functional area(s). May have responsibility for developing
and managing budget. Generally reports to Sr. Director or VP.
- Develops and administers local/national advertising sales plan and
promotional approaches including identification of objectives,
strategies and action programs to produce revenue toward achievement of
- Provides motivation for advertising sales personnel through individual
contact, goal setting, periodic meetings, incentive plans/contest, and
a positive working environment.
- Complies with the policies and follows procedures outlined in the
Company's policy manual" and complies with the details outlined in the
Company's "Code of Ethics and Business Conduct". Recommends changes or
deviations in established policy to meet competitive situations.
- Develops operating budget for regions/teams within scope of authority
to meet budgeted revenue and cash flow objectives.
- Assures maximum utilization of the sales resources in keeping with
- Oversees advertising availability inventory.
- Assists with establishing and ensuring the execution of short- and
long-term advertising revenue goals.
- Recruits, trains, motivates, develops and coaches a team of Account
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Prior experience as a Director of Sales or General Sales Manager
- Generally requires 9 years related experienceof successful mediasales management
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer