PNC Communications Specialist Sr in Chicago, Illinois
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100529 Communications Spec Sr
Designs, develops, produces and consults on a variety of internal and external communications.
Plans, researches, and develops of content for increasingly complex communications initiatives.
Identifies issues and opportunities, consults with organization on all aspects of communication, and engages other parts of the organization to ensure strategic alignment, clarity, and accuracy of message.
Coordinates final review and approval before internal or external communications are released.
Leads project teams, influences outcomes, and evaluates success as appropriate.
PA - Pittsburgh
Communications Specialist Sr
Line of Business:
Corporate & Institutional Banking
PAA86 - The Tower at PNC Plaza
Total Hours Per Week:
Monday - Friday/8 Hours
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
DC - Washington DC, FL - Tampa, IL - Chicago, MA - Boston, NC - Charlotte, NY - New York City, OH - Cleveland, PA - Philadelphia, PA - Pittsburgh
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Planning: Tactical, Strategic - Working Experience
- Ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years) and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the overall business plan.
Effective Communications - Working Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Working Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Influencing - Working Experience
- Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization.
ORGANIZATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize the means, tools, techniques and media to communicate information about the organization internally and externally.
Copywriting and Editing - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of a variety of formats, styles, and techniques for publishing materials; ability to develop and review these materials to promote business related activities.
Manages Risk - Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Communications Specialist on the Proposal Management team within PNC's Treasury Management organization. In this role, you will collaborate closely with team members across the organization. NOTE: This is not a media relations position.
In this role, you will conceptualize and manage all phases of selected RFPs and other business development projects as needed from inception to completion. Responsibilities include:
Project management for RFP responses
Establish and enforce Rules of Engagement and partner closely with Sales team, Product Advisors and Subject Matter Experts to ensure process is followed as documented
Establish priorities and target dates to ensure proposal deadlines are met
Evaluate and interpret the most effective means of presenting PNC's response
Confer with SMEs to integrate solutions and value proposition into proposal response
Serve as a focal point for collecting all information required
Use MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Acrobat and proposal writing software to produce professional bids
Provide writing, editing and graphic design to create compelling bids
Use technical writing skills and position content to reinforce PNC's value proposition
Maintain accurate, up-to-date \"master\" versions of proposals, including comments and revisions from multiple SMEs
Thoroughly understand and apply proposal software and database functionality
Prepare and categorize information to be added to proposal boilerplate database
Use database tools to create proposal templates, generate proposals and run reports
Establish and report key performance indicators to track all aspects of proposal-related activity
Maintain the addition and deletion of proposal database users
Leverage database to create answers to RFP questions
Preferred Qualifications, Preferences, Skills:
Excellent writing and verbal communications skills - some technical writing for business-to-business audience preferred
Knowledge of Treasury Management products and services
Ability to work in a collaborative team environment as well as independently
Ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently
Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
Product management and project management experience a plus
Roles at this level typically require a university/college degree with 5+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience may be considered.