PNC Account Manager I in Chicago, Illinois
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
101790 Account Manager I
Under direct supervision, works in support of assigned long-term client relationships. Provides sales or consultative support to clients and serves as the liaison between clients and operational servicing units. May participate in pricing and resource discussions and in developing the scope of service provided to existing and potential clients.
Serves as point of contact for client matters. May help identify and develop new servicing opportunities with existing clients to build and maintain a long-lasting relationship. Utilizes basic industry and PNC knowledge to inform customers of appropriate products/services, rates, and other opportunities.
Involved in negotiating servicing agreements and servicing fees for existing clients if contract modifications are needed. Will work with in-house counsel and clients on contract negotiations. This includes the review of the servicing agreements to ensure contract terms meet servicing guidelines.
Analyzes, assesses and documents client requirements. Forecasts and tracks key account metrics May identify customization needs, and work with service partners to implement.
Supports processes outlined in the contract and independently resolves challenges regarding implementation and production issues. Works towards finding the best solution to maintain a positive client relationship.
PA - Pittsburgh
Account Manager I
Line of Business:
Corporate & Institutional Banking
PA373 - Firstside Center Bldg
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
IL - Chicago, NC - Raleigh, OH - Columbus, PA - Pittsburgh
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Flexibility and Adaptability - Working Experience
- Knowledge of successful approaches, tools, and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment; ability to adapt as needed.
Effective Communications - Working Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Working Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Negotiating - Working Experience
- Knowledge of successful negotiation concepts and techniques; ability to negotiate successfully across the organization and with external vendors and clients in a constructive and collaborative manner.
Managing Multiple Priorities - Working Experience
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
Customer Relationship Management Applications - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to design, develop and implement a whole range of application tools or modules used in Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
Problem Management Process - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to bring a reported problem to successful resolution.
Customer Support Policies, Standards and Procedures - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the organization's customer support policies, standards and procedures and ability to guide customers on all company interactions.
Account Management - Working Experience
- Knowledge of account management practices, tasks, and tools and ability to provide services and support to key clients.
Manages Risk - Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Card Services Account Manager within PNC's Treasury Management organization, you will utilizes various analytical tools and techniques to evaluate customer procurement and payables processes in order to formulate a card payments optimization strategy. Based on your knowledge of commercial card programs, business processes for various industries, and accounting and hierarchical structures, you will be able to identify opportunities for integration of the card into a client's business processes and/or identify opportunities to maximize spend for existing programs.